Chevy SS Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Thanks to SSLogic, I purchased Technico torque master engine mounts from Holden Parts USA
These are made in Australia.
I really liked the Prothane mounts. They are made in the USA and that's important to me.
The Technico mounts seem just as well made and are less expensive.
As a matter of fact, these Technico mounts seem to be very very high quality and I'm very happy with them so far.
The Technico mounts also have the locator pins on the bottom of the mount and according to the pictures the Prothane mounts do not.
I received the mounts within a few days, so Holden Parts USA must stock these.

When I pulled my stock mounts, 2014 with 65+k miles on them and over 50k miles supercharged they are in excellent shape.

Because of this year's round of mods I'm am very concerned about everything fitting under the stock hood.
When I put these mounts next to the stock mounts, these are shorter. I don't know if the stock mounts are designed with some compression in mind from the weight of the motor. I'm hoping these mounts let the engine sit a little lower but it might just be wishful thinking. I wish I would have measured the rise of the stock mounts while the motor was still sitting on them.

I haven't dropped the new goods in yet so you'll have to wait on a nvh review but I have a couple pictures. FWIW they claim with the small amount of rubber in these the vibration isolation is very good..

https://holdenpartsusa.com/products...aprice-ppv-pontiac-g8-billet-engine-mount-set

Attachments

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Thanks to SSLogic, I purchased Technico torque master engine mounts from Holden Parts USA
I really liked the Prothane mounts. They are made in the USA and that's important to me.
As a matter of fact, these Technico mounts seem to be very very high quality and I'm very happy with them so far.
The Technico mounts also have the locator pins on the bottom of the mount and according to the pictures the Prothane mounts do not.

When I pulled my stock mounts, 2014 with 65+k miles on them and over 50k miles supercharged they are in excellent shape.

Because of this year's round of mods I'm am very concerned about everything fitting under the stock hood.
When I put these mounts next to the stock mounts, these are shorter. I don't know if the stock mounts are designed with some compression in mind from the weight of the motor. I'm hoping these mounts let the engine sit a little lower but it might just be wishful thinking. I wish I would have measured the rise of the stock mounts while the motor was still sitting on them.

I haven't dropped the new goods in yet so you'll have to wait on a nvh review but I have a couple pictures. FWIW they claim with the small amount of rubber in these the vibration isolation is very good..

https://holdenpartsusa.com/products...aprice-ppv-pontiac-g8-billet-engine-mount-set

these are the mounts i have as well , in my PPV , ive also gotta grab a set for my SS

mounts are well known issues for the PPV's , which are all common with the G8 and SS

even the gto's had issues

·
Registered
3 Posts
These look the same as the GTO/Vette mounts. I would bet the Hinson mounts would work. They are poly and after a couple hundred miles most people notice no additional vibrations over stock. Might be an option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello fellow ss_forum subscribers I just subscribe to this forum looking for help on what motor and transmission mounts to buy I just hit 055000 and I ended up going with a set of prothane motor and trans mounts before I subscribed.all I have to say is f*#%& the car vibrates so much I'm now thinking something else is wrong but the car pulls stronger than ever I'm now thinking of get all my body mounts and bushings replaced any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
15,096 Posts
There are no body mounts on a unibody car.

Anything but OEM engine, trans or subframe mounts will be stiffer and increase NVH.

·
Premium Member
15,096 Posts
Go lighter on the right foot or dial back your mods and the OEM mounts will last a lot longer.

The PPV's tear 'em up fast when the guys drive like Speed Racer.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Go lighter on the right foot or dial back your mods...
Party pooper! We're Americans. What's the point of denying ourselves the physical joy and essence of our SS? We could all end up like General Jack D. Ripper. :eek::kboom:
Deny them my essence...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a set of the superpro mounts that I am getting ready to install. Can anyone provide the torque specs for the upper and lower nuts for the motor mounts?

·
Registered
642 Posts

Technico Torque Master Chevy SS, Caprice PPV, Pontiac G8 Billet Engine | HoldenPartsUSA
We’re they actually shorter after install? I need more room #whippleproblems

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'm not sure but I squeezed the Whipple, sitting on half inch spacers and a 102 throttle body with a full 5in intake elbow coming off of it under the factory hood
thats all I needed to know. My current setup, 102 4.5” intake you can see where the coupler rubbed the hood liner... now with my new blitz hood you can see where the TB and the intake Tube touch the vents.

·
Registered
231 Posts

Technico Torque Master Chevy SS, Caprice PPV, Pontiac G8 Billet Engine | HoldenPartsUSA
Old thread, but looking at those photos you’re missing the removable spacer. When removed it’s meant to lower the engine for hood clearance issues with big blowers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
these are the mounts i have as well , in my PPV , ive also gotta grab a set for my SS

mounts are well known issues for the PPV's , which are all common with the G8 and SS

even the gto's had issues
Hello these Technico engine mounts. Do you have unwanted vibrations?

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Reason I would at least check for bad or broken SS motor mounts:
  • If your SS has ever been on a track...
  • If you are a natural sprinter...
  • If your SS has 50k miles or about. etc

Well... I'm guessing my mounts look brand new still. Thanks for the info... make that detailed info. Well written.

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,731 Posts
thanks @SSLogic. Adding this to the list of things to be aware of as the SS and I grow old together....

Rear MRCs
EPS
Heater core
Needle bearings
Motor mounts
MRCs: Great, you just had to bring up those expensive little basta*ds.🤞

More on point, I picked up a set of SuperPros when I found them at a reasonable price, but they’re in my parts room waiting for install. I’m nearing 50K, so I know they’re about ready to be replaced. Here in the desert southwest, the heat dries out rubber fairly quickly. I have noticed a mild increase with engine shake when idling. It could be a multitude of causes, but the next time I go to the speed shop to some other ‘gee-whiz-wild item installed, I’ll drag along the SuperPros.’

41 - 56 of 56 Posts