Chevy SS Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SS, Peacock Green, M6
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Ok, a new day here. Apparently I will need to figure out which wire coming out of each of those flat 10-pin connectors on each side of my factory screen is carrying that circuit #6133 feed. Jumper that (combine the two into one wire?) down to where I already know that the BCM is getting that signal and ultimately send/receive from on down the stream per my earlier posts here.

Big problem though: All the wires are the same (absence of) color on those harnesses as I showed yesterday and I have yet to find a pin-out for those two connectors. Anybody got some help for me here?

The attached photo shows how I let up on the mounting screws to allow the cable from the Pioneer head unit too run up from under, but in front of, the factory screen when mounted in its home, as delivered, condition. You can also see what is left behind the stock radio controls. No matter gauges I may want to use, it appears that some of that plastic will have to be cut out.

Remember also that I flipped the chassis around. Normally you can’t do that becuase the front of your radio has the screen, so wires to the rear always. Not so here. The key is having enough slack in that cable to get it up to the remote screen. I wish Pioneer made that an 18” harness. As-is it’s borderline to have to buy their 54” extension harness to make it easier to work on this in the car.

One side of the seat heat/cool button harness - all wires are white!

And here’s the other side - again all wires are white, no help there!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
My friend reworked his head unit for his 15 SS a few years ago. I looked up the harness specs and found an idata to support the pioneer he uses

.… The side project is looking through the schematic so i can let him know what to trigger the lighting back on the seat buttons. The seat functions still work, FYI. …
Just checking in on this - did you get the side project done? That seems to be what I have to solve as well. I think it’s a single wire but I can’t determine which of the wires from the buttons is the one to tap into and get to the BCM per the earlier posts I made. To recap: it seems like circuit #6133, a GN/BU wire, is that GMLAN serial data wire. I can tap into it at the BCM K9, connector X6 at pin 9. This is in the passenger footwell up in the kick panel. Or I can tap into it at the IP Harness to Body Harness, connection X209 at Pin 82. But… I need to know what wire of the ten on each side is the one carrying the circuit information for circuit #6133. That’s the part I have yet to see in a schematic or pin-out.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Seems like you hit the same snags as everyone else. No lights and less than attractive install. Props for trying though, I look forward to seeing the final product

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Seems like you hit the same snags as everyone else. No lights and less than attractive install. Props for trying though, I look forward to seeing the final product
It’s as attractive as I can get for using a bigger screen. If Pioneer ever releases one that’s 12” tall like on the Ram trucks, I’m in! I can still adjust for position by drilling new holes in just the back plate of the Pioneer 109-UN02 Trim kit. I may lower the screen ~1” because I get a full OBD2-driven gauge package as a menu choice now thanks to the Maestro integration. And… if I end up hating it all, it’s four holes in the dark plastic around the screen or just get a new center bezel and put everything back to stock.

Now I’ve begun to consider what other car I have for that recently purchased 8” Pioneer 5500NEX instead of just selling it. 1975 Lincoln Mark IV perhaps? Here’s an Alpine ILX-207 in where the factory oddball-size radio used to be. It slides out when needed. The souped up 460 drowns it all out anyway - high compression heads, cam, etc. Left fender comes up a foot when I stomp it.

Still rough but mostly original paint - I removed all the roof vinyl, welded in new opera window steel and gave it a quick spray on the roof only to blend. I even kept the small dent behind left rear wheel, for now. Hood scoop is functional. The Corvette museum was probably not impressed.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Man I need my Apple CarPlay back. Don't know how much I missed it from my '18 Sierra until I was back in an SS. The infotainment really lets the car down.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Man I need my Apple CarPlay back. Don't know how much I missed it from my '18 Sierra until I was back in an SS. The infotainment really lets the car down.
I assume you guys just spend way more time in your cars than I do. Half the time, I don’t even turn the radio on, just happy to have the windows down listening to the car. But again, I don’t spend that much time in it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts