41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
311 Posts
Excellent idea with the magnets

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went for a few months without the front plate and then I was pulled over twice for it. It is luck of the draw.
Where abouts were you pulled over and were you just given warnings or actually ticketed?
I guess I've been lucky, but have only driven it a few months last fall. Itching to start her up again in the next couple weeks...........

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Where abouts were you pulled over and were you just given warnings or actually ticketed?
I guess I've been lucky, but have only driven it a few months last fall. Itching to start her up again in the next couple weeks...........
Elko, Lakeville. I got warnings, but if the same cop see you again, game over. I didn't push my luck any more with that issue.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
This past weekend was awesome - I spotted a Heron White in Rochester Saturday night and a black PPV in Bloomington on Sunday morning. Rochester is the first city I've seen one in outside the Twin Cities metro.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I spotted a sweet rpg(?, It was a deep green) Last week on csah 17 in Shakopee last week. We stopped and chatted for a minute.
I did a small burnout when it was time to go and he spun his tires on exit also. Nice guy and the rpg is his second SS

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I met the guy that drives the white ppv. It's a sweet car.
From what I noticed at the gas station,
Camaro SS 20's
V1 front and rear calipers and he has stainless works headers and custom exhaust.
He is a nice guy with a cool car.
I offered a run, he was not interested.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Met a nice guy in a 2017 RPGM SS this afternoon in the parking lot of Chick Fil A in Chanhassen. Said he was a member here. It was quick hello but good to see people still enjoying their cars this season. Maybe he will see this and comment.

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
Met a nice guy in a 2017 RPGM SS this afternoon in the parking lot of Chick Fil A in Chanhassen. Said he was a member here. It was quick hello but good to see people still enjoying their cars this season. Maybe he will see this and comment.
Did it have a different hood on it? I think his name is Mitchell. If you have facebook, he posts in the Northstar G8s group often.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Did it have a different hood on it? I think his name is Mitchell. If you have facebook, he posts in the Northstar G8s group often.
No, it had the stock hood. Unless I completely missed the hood. :blink: The car was stock appearing from the outside.

·
Banned
311 Posts
I guess nobody from MN sees other MN SS drivers very often, haha. Anyway, I've seen quite the older gentleman driving a 16/17 silver colored one in the Hopkins area twice in the last couple months, and last night I had a black one pass by me in Maple Grove on 94 west at about 8pm last night. Unfornately, I've been in my work truck both times, so they didn't likely see the random truck driver giving them thumbs up. However, I will be down in the cities on the 11th for a Dr appointment.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
I guess nobody from MN sees other MN SS drivers very often, haha. Anyway, I've seen quite the older gentleman driving a 16/17 silver colored one in the Hopkins area twice in the last couple months, and last night I had a black one pass by me in Maple Grove on 94 west at about 8pm last night. Unfornately, I've been in my work truck both times, so they didn't likely see the random truck driver giving them thumbs up. However, I will be down in the cities on the 11th for a Dr appointment.
I work in Hopkins and there are two SS owners that work in adjacent buildings to me. Both silver cars. Pretty sure they are both 15's though. You may have seen a third if it was indeed a 16/17 you saw in Hopkins. I haven's seen either of them parked in front of their respective buildings at all this winter. They drive them every day in the fair weather months though. Mine is black ('14) but hasn't seen Minnesota roads since early last April.

Edit: Just realized you have seen my car before in Hopkins.

·
Banned
311 Posts
I work in Hopkins and there are two SS owners that work in adjacent buildings to me. Both silver cars. Pretty sure they are both 15's though. You may have seen a third if it was indeed a 16/17 you saw in Hopkins. I haven's seen either of them parked in front of their respective buildings at all this winter. They drive them every day in the fair weather months though. Mine is black ('14) but hasn't seen Minnesota roads since early last April.

Edit: Just realized you have seen my car before in Hopkins.
Yes, if yours is the one I'm thinking of, I've seen it parked at one of the businesses on Powell Road just as it starts to round the corner heading east. And the other silver one I've seen parked right next door to you I believe. Though, as you mentioned, I've not seen either in these winter months.

The 16/17 I mentioned didn't have the dedicated foglights of the 14/15's, and had the corresponding wheels too.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Yes, if yours is the one I'm thinking of, I've seen it parked at one of the businesses on Powell Road just as it starts to round the corner heading east. And the other silver one I've seen parked right next door to you I believe. Though, as you mentioned, I've not seen either in these winter months.

The 16/17 I mentioned didn't have the dedicated foglights of the 14/15's, and had the corresponding wheels too.
Yep, that's me. You saw a third one in Hopkins then. Cool! Hope to see them all out this Spring.

·
Banned
311 Posts
I saw a charcoal gray colored 16/17 on US 10 near Little Falls on Wednesday. Looked mostly stock save for tint and the trunk had a Aussie style SS blacked out where the Chevy badge originally goes. I gave him the "rock on" hand pose but he never saw me. I would have blasted the air horn but there was a car in front of me, haha.

·
Banned
311 Posts
Saw a black 14/15 with tint and A-pillar gauges on Powell in Hopkins as I was leaving in my work truck on Tuesday. Gave you a wave

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Saw a black 14/15 with tint and A-pillar gauges on Powell in Hopkins as I was leaving in my work truck on Tuesday. Gave you a wave
You forgot the part where it was raining and the owner exercised poor judgement in taking it out in that crappy weather. Was the idiot testing out his line lock when you spotted him? LOL

Sorry, didn't see you or I would have waved back. Where do you deliver over here?

·
Banned
311 Posts
Haha, no worries. It appeared as though the driver was just out for a casual drive in spite of the rain. I make a stop at Auto Plus in that Powell business center there, before making my way to Mason City after that.

Reactions: BilletGarage

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just brought mine from Fla to Champlin.
2017 Silver, Sunroof, no spare.
Hope to see you around.

Reactions: BilletGarage
41 - 60 of 66 Posts