·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Welcome to the forum MN_Holden!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Maybe I have missed them, but where are the Twin Cities Cars and Coffee held? Thanks!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Used to be at automotorplex and now at Canterbury Park

Search on google and you'll get to the website. I can't post links yet...

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
I saw a NGM on Westbound 494 in Eagan today, which was the very first SS I've seen in the wild. I hope to make it to Cars and Coffee next month to see a few more.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Had my 16 SSB in the cities ( rush hour traffic sucks with the manual... err with the SS, as mine loves to run ) had a meeting last Friday morning... left Albert Lea at 6:00 AM, up I-35, to highway 13 West, to 169 north to Eden Prairie, & back on 494 east to 35 south late morning... would have normally drove the work truck, to a work meeting, but I hadn't driven the SS for almost a month...

Reactions: ValleyGoat

·
Registered
9 Posts
There's several up here north of the cities; another black one like mine, 2 perfect blue, and one mystic green. I just chatted with a guy in a blue ATS-V the other day, I'd trade mine for that car, wow!

There's a few G8s also, one G8 owner asked me a bit about the SS as he is interested in one for his next purchase.
I have seen the two black and the blue ATS-V which is near where I live. I have never seen 2 blue ones though. I have a red 2016 and mainly travel between Rogers and Maple Grove.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Spotted a pretty green SS with a Holden front badge today on hwy 19 East of New Prague. I was in my hw SS heading westbound doing some logs trying to find a boost issue.
New ss owner here in New Prague, work in Shakopee! Dsmer, you from the NP area too?

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
I have a black 2014 SS and live just down the street from Automotorplex. The car spends the winters in my shop near Maple Lake. Will have to make it to a meet up once the weather clears and the first rain washes the salt away. I work in Hopkins and there are 3 of us SS owners that work within a block of each other. The other two are silver and '15's if I recall.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
311 Posts
I have a black 2014 SS and live just down the street from Automotorplex. The car spends the winters in my shop near Maple Lake. Will have to make it to a meet up once the weather clears and the first rain washes the salt away. I work in Hopkins and there are 3 of us SS owners that work within a block of each other. The other two are silver and '15's if I recall.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
I think I've seen your car parked off of Powell road?

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
I think I've seen your car parked off of Powell road?
If it was black, it was mine. There is a silver one in the building next door and another silver one around the corner from what I understand. For the longest time, I thought both the silver ones I was seeing were the same car. It was only after meeting the owner of the car next door, that I was told about the second one. Have yet to meet him but what are the odds of three SS Sedans on the same work block? :grin I like it! Do you work in the area?

Attachments

·
Banned
311 Posts
If it was black, it was mine. There is a silver one in the building next door and another silver one around the corner from what I understand. For the longest time, I thought both the silver ones I was seeing were the same car. It was only after meeting the owner of the car next door, that I was told about the second one. Have yet to meet him but what are the odds of three SS Sedans on the same work block? :grin I like it! Do you work in the area?
Yup, it was the black one that's caught my eye. I don't work in the area per se, but I drive delivery truck through the cities weekly. One of my stops is the Uni-select/ Auto Plus store just down the street from where I've seen your car.

·
Banned
311 Posts
Dang it. Can't edit posts yet because of newb status. How do you not get hassled for no front license plate?

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Yup, it was the black one that's caught my eye. I don't work in the area per se, but I drive delivery truck through the cities weekly. One of my stops is the Uni-select/ Auto Plus store just down the street from where I've seen your car.
Small world! And my car is rarely at work so you must of just caught it on the right day.

Dang it. Can't edit posts yet because of newb status. How do you not get hassled for no front license plate?
I have never been pulled over for no front license plate on that car. But then again, I don't drive it a whole lot. I just refuse to drill into my bumper so, if I am ever forced to add a front license plate, it will be a stealth addition with possibly a retractable mount. Cars that are 1972 and older in Minnesota aren't even required to have two plates, and you rarely see late model Corvette's with a front plate. I figure most cops are not going to hassle you for a front plate unless your doing something stupid.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts