Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I see them salt the road I think this is it for the SS till the spring. Then it rains and washes the salt away and it allows me to get some more days in driving the SS. Today was one of those days. I looked at the weather report and albeit a little cold there was no rain or snow in sight so I fired the SS up for another ride. I've been lucky this year so far but I know that luck is going to run out pretty soon and I'll have the SS parked in the garage on jack stands getting her upgrades so it's ready for the spring.

·
Supporting Vendor
591 Posts
Global warming has its perks some times. We're in the Midwest and we're street testing cars in January. Pretty awesome.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Put mine away begining of november and got some snow shortly after that but since then just alot of mixing weather here with no good snows yet. Windy so far this season which i dont remember of years past

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'll keep driving it daily, as long as snow is not accumulating. Can't help it. Life's too short.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'm with you scheduler. Drive it. Prudently. I'm already past my personal "Best used by" date.

No winter tires on either of my daily drivers, but the summer tires are off, all seasons on. My wife's car has the full set of winter tires, and will until spring.

SS is the car of choice unless I'm hauling something messy or large.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Look like we'll end up with about 6-7" by tonight, so I'm planning to go find an empty Target parking lot and do some donuts!

es

·
Registered
687 Posts
We got a whole inch of snow here this morning.

Only the second time we saw snow this winter.

Too powdery to even shovel, used the leaf blower to clear the sidewalk and driveway.

Still waiting to properly test the winter setup I got from a forum member.:smile

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Nice!!!! How's it sounds (in the garage)?
Just 5 inches here, the snow blower made quick work of it.
At least it made my dog happy.

45 degree cold start :grin
Shakes the house

·
Registered
865 Posts
With your combine or the tractor:devil

Since I don't have a huge snow push for the combine, I had to use the Boomer 8N for bulk snow removal. We had 2-3' drifts across the driveways, and nearly 6' drifts on the lee side of some of the buildings.

I still use my 1950 Ford 8N for the final driveway grooming, and yes, I did a bunch of donuts on it (differential braking FTW!).

The SS is tucked in the machine shed, and I'll have to post a new "SS in the SSnow" pic on my way to work Monday.

es

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mild winter here in Miami, currently sunny and 77.......:devil
BOOOOOO

60 degrees colder here, means more ponies under the hood, for free!:grin

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well it finally looks like mother nature is about to rear her ugly head this weekend up here!! It will be good to get the winter mods started anyways!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'll keep driving it daily, as long as snow is not accumulating. Can't help it. Life's too short.
I'm with you scheduler. Drive it. Prudently. I'm already past my personal "Best used by" date.

No winter tires on either of my daily drivers, but the summer tires are off, all seasons on. My wife's car has the full set of winter tires, and will until spring.

SS is the car of choice unless I'm hauling something messy or large.
You guys make me feel better about my choice of the SS serving as both a enthusiast/ sports sedan, and a all season DD.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
75 now, will hit 80 today. Putting on sunscreen now before I go outside.:devil

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
My only winter (based solely on the calendar) consideration was to switch from Michelin Pilot Sport 4S to Michelin All Season 3+. If I need more than that I will simply stay home.

I saw real snow yesterday in Far North Dallas. Frisco McKinney area. On rooftops, lawns, and parked vehicles. I'd guess at 0.25 inches at most.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts