321 - 340 of 340 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #321

·
Premium Member
3,217 Posts
Well.....the reality sets in. GM now has to provide a viable global dealer support network - sales, service - warranty & repair, parts & accessories, etc - for this "halo" car. At what point might GM throw in the towel and cry uncle, if keeping the car running & customers happy becomes too much for the bean-counters in The Tubes.

Just imagine - fly-away service teams, cars with locally-unsolvable issues being air-freighted back to the US, etc. With such a small footprint in the international markets with RHD, it's going to be interesting to see how this ultimately plays out.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
And NOW a little bit of GOOD news!! Especially for our lockdown weary friends in the RHD part of the planet!!!

Posted up on C and D,,,,,,SURPRISE!!!!

😎
The only Chevy Bowtie is on the Corvette Emblem. GM might sell more RHD C8s if they market them as just Corvette?

Reactions: ESindon

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
So far I have seen two on the roads out here. I actually really like it even though I was not a fan when the prototypes were displayed. Would I buy one.... doubtful, my knees creak, back aches, and I have a generally crabby attitude most days. For similar price after options and dealer installed rape money I'd be more likely to buy a CTS/V or an HSV if we could get them here.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Saw my first C8 on the road yesterday. It was on Hawthorne and PCH heading South on Hawthorne and turned West on PCH. My guess is Martin Chevrolet has one and it's out for a test drive.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Saw my first C8 on the road yesterday. It was on Hawthorne and PCH heading South on Hawthorne and turned West on PCH. My guess is Martin Chevrolet has one and it's out for a test drive.
OT: What ever happened to Power Chevrolet in the South Bay? They used to advertise in our Hughes Aircraft Discount Monthly Flyer. (Got my wedding bands at Manhattan Beach Mall in 1996 much cheaper than jewelry stores in NM using discount...Had coworker bring them back when he was on travel).

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #331
Test Drive???? Martin Chevrolet????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

If they took one in for a delivery to a local customer, and you saw one of their employees driving it,, THEN Doubtless,,,,it was undergoing a Pre Delivery,,, HOONING!!! They are notorious at Martin,,,, for this practice!!!!!

FWIW,,, There are no,,, to the best of my knowledge,,,, customer Test Drives available,, unless you are the customer,, that suffered through the order process successfully!!! And at this point,,,,, you are only taking that one delivery ride when you pick it up to take home!!!

;)

·
Super Moderator
5,657 Posts
I caught a ride with one of the first C8’s in Atlanta belonged Mr Ellis at Jim Ellis Chevrolet torch red car was great and comfortable power was there.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Saw my first one today, wow, looked great in the five seconds or so that I had. Darker gray color, coming out if a side street just a few blocks from my house. Going to cruise around next weekend in that area to look for it.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
OT: What ever happened to Power Chevrolet in the South Bay?
I remember that dealership on Sepulveda. My Sister bought a Z28 back in the 80's from there. I think it was called Champion Chevrolet before Power. I haven't been on that part of Sepulveda in a while, so I don't know what is there now.

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
3,009 Posts
It became a Nissan dealer and now they are gone.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
It became a Nissan dealer and now they are gone.
Thanks...won't ask about the Carolina West and N....., N....., N.....lol

Hopefully the C8 becomes "THE CAR" in SoCal

Reactions: z51vett

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
IT's RECALL TIME,,,, ALREADY!!!

WELLLL it seems that there are gonna be more delay's!!! Like the time it will take to replace valve springs on the LT2's,,, LT4's,,, and a whole host of LT based engines!!!!!

o_O

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
IT's RECALL TIME,,,, ALREADY!!!

WELLLL it seems that there are gonna be more delay's!!! Like the time it will take to replace valve springs on the LT2's,,, LT4's,,, and a whole host of LT based engines!!!!!

o_O
Very interesting article. After reading that article, I drifted off to the left side of it and read up on the 'locked' ECM's that GM is coming out with. Looks like 'tuning' just might get a bit more expensive if it can be done at all! Gonna need a big hammer to crack these boxes!

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #339

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Somehow,,,, a brake by wire system... does NOT inspire confidence,,,, IMHO!!!

:unsure:
In general, I would agree, but it is not like there isn't some merit to the C8's system, and particularly so if you track the car. In the case of overheated or H2O contaminated brake fluid, the length of the pedal is all the driver can do to apply more pressure. If the pedal hits the floor, you're SOL. It this system, the hydraulic pump has the ability to keep delivering pressure, even if it is compressing air in the lines, to the point where the desired braking level is achieved. Pretty neat trick. Hopefully, they can get the bugs out of it.

321 - 340 of 340 Posts