Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 266 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,397 Posts
Yeah I had a couple of good laughs over the weekend with a now "retired" engineer about this. Not apparently the new Global B ... a basic 'can't handle the load' issue.

Kinda funny (sad) when you rattle that around in your bonnet just after Mary's proclamation of transforming GM into a leader in autonomous and electric vehicles.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yeah I had a couple of good laughs over the weekend with a now "retired" engineer about this. Not apparently the new Global B ... a basic 'can't handle the load' issue.

Kinda funny (sad) when you rattle that around in your bonnet just after Mary's proclamation of transforming GM into a leader in autonomous and electric vehicles.

What an understatement! Sadness abounds...:eek:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts

Interesting that the British word for hood came up while discussing electrical gremlins...

·
Premium Member
13,397 Posts
bonnet |ˈbänit|
noun
1 a woman's or child's hat tied under the chin, typically with a brim framing the face.
• (also war bonnet) the ceremonial feathered headdress of an American Indian.
• a soft round brimless hat like a beret, esp. as worn by men and boys in Scotland.
• Heraldry the velvet cap within a coronet.
2 a protective cover or cap over a machine or object, in particular
• a cowl on a chimney.
• Brit. the hood of an automobile.
3 historical Sailing an additional canvas laced to the foot of a sail to catch more wind.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I still think it will be a Cadillac and not a Vette.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,107 Posts
so many electrons.....just put a distributor and some hand-crank windows on the thing. Nix the infotainment and put in a Rand McNally atlas with a Delco Wonder Bar radio. Loose the heated-cooled whatever and rock on. Oh yeah!! Lets put a power steering pump on the **** thing. That ought to free up a few amps...

·
Super Moderator
5,438 Posts
so many electrons.....just put a distributor and some hand-crank windows on the thing. Nix the infotainment and put in a Rand McNally atlas with a Delco Wonder Bar radio. Loose the heated-cooled whatever and rock on. Oh yeah!! Lets put a power steering pump on the **** thing. That ought to free up a few amps...
Don't forget the throttle cable...
over_the_top_cover_7799.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,397 Posts
... loose the electric water pump(s) too. :sarcasm:

Musta cost too much to up it to 36, 42 or 48 volts from 12 ...

Some may remember this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/42-volt_electrical_system

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Will work for Vette?

Old supervisor called me up this morning from the Oilfields. Offered me brand new 2019 Mack 13-Liter Pinnacle Truck plus rai$e. Might place order for Z51 Stingray sooner than cutoff date then retire again after a year.

C8 not available with manual transmission...

Attachments

·
Banned
115 Posts
Old supervisor called me up this morning from the Oilfields. Offered me brand new 2019 Mack 13-Liter Pinnacle Truck plus rai$e. Might place order for Z51 Stingray sooner than cutoff date then retire again after a year.

You better drive that C8, or at least a Porsche with PDK, before you write off DCTs and order that C7.
It only took 5 minutes driving a 911 Turbo S with PDK to convince a life long clutch pedal guy like me to give them up.
I have been driving GM's with a V8 and a manual since 1993, and I plan to buy a C8 with that new Tremec DCT.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Motor Trend Channel test of the current ZR1 (Randy Pobst et al) stated that in their track testing the ZR1 is not quantifiably better performance-wise than the Z06 (when it’s not over heating) or even the NA Grand Sport. I doubt the C8 will be significantly better than the ZR1, certainly not for the anticipated price point. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts

I'd love to eventually replace my C5 Z06 with a C7 Grand Sport. I really like how they look.

·
Premium Member
13,397 Posts
I would stay away from first year just saying
z51vett
Doug
Exact reason I did not hit the button to order a CT6-V before the 275 were spoken for.

It was hard not to and my hand was shaking but I let common sense rule.

·
Banned
115 Posts
I would stay away from first year just saying
z51vett
Doug
I hear ya.
But, I've been waiting 10 years for Corvette to get a DCT. I can't wait any longer.
Not to mention, based on history, my theory is GM will launch the C8 with a C7 price, and then shortly afterwards, begin a series of price increases. I hope I'm wrong. But, that's my theory.

1 - 20 of 266 Posts