Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I came home from the doctor today, low and behold, my Michelin Pilot Sport 4s was at my front door!!! I received an E-Mail this past Friday that the tire was shipped. That was about 3 weeks earlier than Tire Rack had anticipated. I was wondering if anybody else that was waiting for their tires had received them. Now, soon as I get over this bout with pneumonia, I can have it installed and oil change at my local GMC dealer. The only place I drove the plug/patched tire was in and out of the garage so I could get my lawn mower out. Anybody want to help me cut the grass?? I'll let you pull the car out of the garage!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Oh wow, well done. With all the reports of them still being on backorder for awhile longer I just gave up and went with the Conti Extreme Contact Sports, ordered last week and showed up yesterday.

Good luck getting over the pneumonia...I just wrapped up a week long battle with the flu, first time in 40 years I've ever had it. Miserable.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks....feel like I'm finally on the mends. It sure is hell to get OLD. You don't bounce back as fast as you use to, that's for sure. Glad to hear your flu is behind you too.

·
Premium Member
14,300 Posts
Thanks....feel like I'm finally on the mends. It sure is hell to get OLD. You don't bounce back as fast as you use to, that's for sure. Glad to hear your flu is behind you too.
... tell me about it !!!!

·
Registered
2014 Holden Commodore SSV Redline
99 Posts
Oh wow, well done. With all the reports of them still being on backorder for awhile longer I just gave up and went with the Conti Extreme Contact Sports, ordered last week and showed up yesterday.
I've had Bridgestone S-04s, Conti EC DW, Michelin PSS and Conti EC Sports on my '14 and I'll have to say, the Conti EC Sports are clearly the best over all. They are the equal of the PSS in the dry and better in the wet/cold, if that can be believed. I know the newer Pilot Sport 4S is a bit better than the PSS in all facets but at a savings of $250 per set, the Contis are a no-brainer since they also match Michelin's 30K/15K mileage warranty now.

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
2,700 Posts
They say the first hundred years are the hardest!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I love the Michelins on my SHO. The SS still has her factory shoes. But not for much longer. B.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I need to get tires, and the Pilot Sport 4s are a strong contender......

Currently on second set of stock tires, and they are very noisy...

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
2,700 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
ME TOO!!!! Have another set of them on our Boxster, and last weekend we conducted some mountain road runs across the state line in NC. I actually got some motion sickness from the G-forces while driving...

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
These have had some good reviews.

·
Registered
2014 Holden Commodore SSV Redline
99 Posts
Anyone try or know anything about the Continental SportContact 5P and SportContact 6?
Conti SC 5P is an older design that is no longer competitive in the max performance summer tire category, they are still used my some of the German brands as an OEM fitment with the foam inner liners that quiet them. Sort of like our OEM Potenza RE-050As.
The SC 6s are a different tire altogether, they are known to provide more dry grip than even the EC Sports, but, they wear out fast, like Sport Cup 2 fast. They are the OEM tire on the Civic Type R and one reason why it’s so fast on track and can pull 1+ lateral G stock and brake 70-0 in less than 150 ft. Some Type R guys are getting < 8K miles for the fronts and 12K for the rears.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just got a full set in today... now to get the car up there to get them mounted .The Mr Tire folks are offering all kinds of options to get the car done with minimal contact with people ...strange times indeed

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have some michelin pilot 4s tires on my 15 heron white 5at. They are great. i came from stock re050as to the Conti DWS06 to pilot sport 4s and I feel way more confident in the Michelins then the Contis. The Contis are great in both wet and dry, but the Michelins for me are a whole other league. My car is stock and i couldn't chirp them in manual mode or auto from a dig. I have driven them in the rain many times and i feel planted (hwy 17 hill in Santa Cruz). no hydro planing. No complaints here, best tires i've had on any car i've owned. I would definitely buy them again and i recommend them. BTW, i don't work for any tire company or whatever lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have some michelin pilot 4s tires on my 15 heron white 5at. They are great. i came from stock re050as to the Conti DWS06 to pilot sport 4s and I feel way more confident in the Michelins then the Contis. The Contis are great in both wet and dry, but the Michelins for me are a whole other league. My car is stock and i couldn't chirp them in manual mode or auto from a dig. I have driven them in the rain many times and i feel planted (hwy 17 hill in Santa Cruz). no hydro planing. No complaints here, best tires i've had on any car i've owned. I would definitely buy them again and i recommend them. BTW, i don't work for any tire company or whatever lol.
No need to sell me on Michelin, I literally have them on everything i own except my Camaro. I couldnt wait to wear out the junk Bridgestones on my Silverado...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts