Chevy SS Forum banner

Maverick man carbon spoiler issues

3K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Juniorss 
#1 ·
Got a carbon spoiler from maverick man. When I got the spoiler it would not sit flat on the trunk lid. When I sent the picture to maverick man he said to sand it down to make it fit. (Wtf it’s $600 I shouldn’t have to sand it). After I sanded it it still won’t sit flush to the car. He wants me to send it back at my cost for him to “look at it”. He has made no indication that he will make it right.
I see this guys build quality fall way off. Must be subcontracting out the work because no one would think this is a good spoiler.
Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive mirror

See less See more
#2 ·
I've had issues with him also. Haven't posted about it here because people talk about him like he is their best friend but he kept my money for months before I finally demanded a refund. He bitched about it. I ordered from holdenparts usa the next day and had them before the end of the week.

#4 · (Edited)
That is interesting, thanks for posting.

#5 ·
Got a carbon spoiler from maverick man. When I got the spoiler it would not sit flat on the trunk lid. When I sent the picture to maverick man he said to sand it down to make it fit. (Wtf it’s $600 I shouldn’t have to sand it). After I sanded it it still won’t sit flush to the car. He wants me to send it back at my cost for him to “look at it”. He has made no indication that he will make it right.
I see this guys build quality fall way off. Must be subcontracting out the work because no one would think this is a good spoiler. View attachment 298332
I had an issue with him on the led rear lights. One wire had come loose on one of the lights. I emailed him pictures and asked if i could get a replacement. He stated he would have to get in contract with the manufacturer. This when on for a month, I called the manufacturer. Was told it wasn't a problem to exchange them, if he requested a replacement. I couldn't do it. Emailed him again and told him what the manufacturer told me. NEVER heard back for him, tried several times to contract him. I finally had the wire repaired myself. I emailed again and told him I had it repaired, nothing.

#6 ·
Good to know; thanks for sharing.

I've reached out to Maverick Man with product questions. Replies have been very dry if any. I was gonna order a few smaller items, mostly cosmetic appearance items, totalled about $300 and shipping was just over $100 or a 1/3 of the order. Again, mostly small appearance items. Since I'm also in SoCal, I thought I can swing by and pick them up. I couldn't justify the super high shipping costs. Never received a reply. I ordered most items from other popular SS online sources for a lot less cost of the actual item with many offering free shipping or a small fraction of shipping costs compared to Maverick Man. Sad to say but experience with Maverick Man was not pleasant and cannot recommend him.

#7 ·
I've had a similar experience to many on this thread. Purchased a small order (<$300) and he was to provide email instructions for installation. Reached out to him twice with zero response.

He offers some cool, unique parts but I think it's safe to say customer service after the sale is sorely lacking.

#8 ·
My son had a similar experience with him but did eventually get it worked out satisfactorily. He shouldn’t make it so hard after the order is placed. 😐

#9 ·
It’s a recurring theme on the GTO pages as well. He is nothing but a middle man for ALL of his products. The carbon fiber parts are made by Seibon for him. My friend received a carbon fiber splitter from him for his GTO, and the ship from was Seibon Carbon. If you get a good part you are lucky, if you have an issue, good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.