Chevy SS Forum banner

Magnetic Selective Ride Control

6K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  chevypwr 
#1 ·
Is the SS Sedan getting the Magnetic Selective Ride Control from the ZL1 Camaro, C6/C7 Corvette, and CTS-V ???

If I understand correctly, it is NOT getting Magnetic Selective Ride Control.
If that's the case, how stupid is GM for giving the SS Sedan BS features that NO ONE needs (self parking, lane departure, cooled seats) and not giving us
a TR6060, LT1, Magnetic Selective Ride Control, etc etc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand, if this thing can actually be purchased for $27k, it's a good deal for the money.
If it's much more than that, GM can kiss my a$$.
I'm telling you now, the PPV sedan has a MSRP of $32k. Paying more than that just doesn't make sense.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
TT, you should have a look at the new Q50, available with DCT and AWD.
Unfortunately, the Infiniti does not offer DCT. You need to buy a GTR for that. Infiniti needs a sedan with the GTR drivetrain.
I don't think you can beat the Q50 for an all around daily driver FOR THE MONEY, especially in cold and wet conditions when you add the AWD.
S4 is a nice upgrade for $11k more and the Corvette is what I drive year round in Florida.

Look at that.

Q50 Sport RWD: $43,855

And that's with a V6.
Since you sounded like a smart a$$, I am going to respond:

Q50 RWD: $37,355

That $37k Q50 comes with everything you need to run 13 second timeslips and has all the creature comforts you need.
Bare in mind, I bought mine, with the addition of AWD, for $32k.
So, now you have a real world sales sheet number to compare.
That "sport" model price you quote comes with a bunch of crap you don't need, and I don't want. Plus, that money spent on options is lost in resale.

In comparison, a $27k sales price for the SS Sedan makes it an alternative I would consider.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
I don't believe any Ininiti gets a DCT for a transmission.
I think the clutches they were referring to engage the electric motor.
The Q50 replaces the G35/G37 and I donn't think it's a worthwhile upgrade for any current G owner.

Regardless, I am not taking on the complexity of an electric motor until they have proven to be reliable long term, and can offer day to day operation without the use of gasoline.

It goes without saying I require 13 second 1/4mile performance as a minimum for a daily driver, too.

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Q50 pricing was released today. (New G37)
Depending on how good the new "fauxe leather" is on the "base " model;
they are either jacking up the price, or forcing you to pay for a premium option, a navigation and a spare tire for real leather.
Infiniti corporate said the package "bundling" is subject to change, but the bundling
creates $5,000 price increase over my AWD sedan with a sunroof just to get leather.
Yes, that 45k includes the addition of navigation, but my Android phone's Google maps BLOWS anything away from the factory, and my G displays my phones display (mirror) in thedash with a cable connection. :)

The price increase doesn't really exist if the "fauxe leather" is on par with the real leather that is the same in all G cars.

Discussion starter · #17 ·
If you had to pick either the SS for 45k or the Infiniti for 45k, what would you choose?

(asking everyone)
I hate to say it, but I would get the Infiniti.

Chevy is an entry level domestic brand, and should be priced accordingly.
Remember, the SS drivetrain is derived from pickup trucks and shared across the entire GM family of brands and the SS Sedan is an old, recycled chassis.

A G37 can be had for $30k, and a Chevy should sell for less.

Take these initial SUGGESTED RETAIL prices for the Q50 with a grain of salt. Sales sheet prices are always less.
Besides, Infiniti corporate is already backpeddling on pricing/bundling when I contacted them directly.

You can get hybrid (taken from the M35h) and you can choose RWD or AWD.
The added cost, complexity, and liability of the Q50 hybrid is not worth it.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
www.carsguide.com.au/news-and-reviews/car-news/new_hsv_gts_australias_most_powerful_car

The shock absorbers use the same technology as Ferrari, with tiny magnetic particles adjusting the damping forces in milliseconds, enabling the car to better respond to road conditions."

So, the New HSV GTS gets the MSRC that the SS PERFORMANCE Sedan should have got.
Great for Oz, very disappointing for the US.

(Thanks for ChevyPwr for posting the link and article. )

Discussion starter · #26 ·
I don't think that is ride control. That is just a very high tech damper.

Aussies always get the better end of this relationship.

Nope.
With all due respect, you are wrong. :)

It IS the Magnetic Selective Ride Control from the C7 and the ZL1. :D

$27k will buy you a fairly nice Honda Accord. Not the top of the line EX, but still nice.
You should punch yourself in the nuts for even mentioning and Accord on this forum
You can buy a no option Accord (which I recommend as a best buy for bargain transport [high mileage, college kids] ) for just over $16k. $27k is a joke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.