Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not on the SS, but on the 1/2 acre of “chrome” plastic on the front of my Silverado. This is from the magnesium chloride sprayed on our Colorado highways in advance of winter weather. The truck gets washed as soon as reasonable after snows but the stains are tough to deal with, more like really bad water spots than anything else.

Tried everything from detail spray, non-ammonia glass cleaner, wheel cleaner and cleaner wax. My try Adam’s water spot remover. Any other ideas or suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,925 Posts
Thanks, I had this on my car after that last freeze. 2 days after it was already stubborn to get off...
Never seen this and not sure what it was.

·
Registered
763 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve seen that Kevin, was my next to try - Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,595 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I use this on my wheels to get the brake dust and other BS off of them. Get the wheels wet, spray this on, let it sit for a minute, spray it off then wash normally. Might give it a try.

Shop that did ther ceramic coat on my car, wheels, calipers, everything recommended it to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use this on my wheels to get the brake dust and other BS off of them. Get the wheels wet, spray this on, let it sit for a minute, spray it off then wash normally. Might give it a try.

Shop that did ther ceramic coat on my car, wheels, calipers, everything recommended it to me.
I use Meguiar's and you can get it by the gallon. Not sure it would work for the OP's situation.
Meguiar's D1801 Wheel & Paint Iron DECON – Pro-Strength Iron Remover - D180101, 1 gal | Meguiar's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts