Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, there were so many hits on the search I figured someone would know this without me looking at 24+ pages of results. I LOVE the 2650 but it looks HUGE! Will it fit under the stock 16/17 hood? If a cowl hood ever becomes available I'm going to buy it but if I can't get one in time for my build I wanted to know my options. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
462 Posts
It may clear the hood if you put an aftermarket cowl hood on it, but I don’t think the blower will clear the cowl…it may require “some” trimming

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
It may clear the hood if you put an aftermarket cowl hood on it, but I don’t think the blower will clear the cowl…it may require “some” trimming
There may also be a possibility to use shorter motor mounts, but then you need to deal with drive-train alignment.

·
Registered
890 Posts
There may also be a possibility to use shorter motor mounts, but then you need to deal with drive-train alignment.
Man, this is giving me major "need to lower the engine 1/4 inch" from the CTS-V Forums.

Reactions: a6d9cmro

·
Registered
685 Posts

This is how it looks on a CTSV

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,587 Posts
That looks like it needs a wee bit more than 1/4”
It doesn't look entirely done. I have to assume the owner will have some bead/flange added around the edges to dress it up. Otherwise, it looks bitchin'. 🕊

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The cowl has a 4 inch rise and is supposed to clear a Holley Hi-Ram intake. So are you thinking the height or the width will be the issue? From what I see on the BD website, the 2650 looks like the Harrop blower. The Magnason 2650 that I've been seeing is a bit different, with the shaft drive on the outside. Either way I am pumped!

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@SSSteve176M

Hmmm, i would love to see that!
A lot can happen between now and next February but the plans are to start the build then. Should be ready for your 2022 BBQ get-together next year if you have another one (hope)! Received the Eibach's yesterday, will have them on in a few weeks. Now, if I can just keep the speed down on the way to Topeka it will be gold!

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
462 Posts
Wait...do you want to know about a BoostDistrict 2650? Or the Magnuson 2650. If the BoostDistrict, fits all day and 2x on Sunday...and I just put .25" spacer plates on the heads...no trimming of hood or cowl needed...

Reactions: Slizzo

·
Registered
454 Posts
Should be ready for your 2022 BBQ get-together next year if you have another one (hope)!
I'm doing one June 5th. I'll post in a different thread. Already have over 30 confirmed!

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wait...do you want to know about a BoostDistrict 2650? Or the Magnuson 2650. If the BoostDistrict, fits all day and 2x on Sunday...and I just put .25" spacer plates on the heads...no trimming of hood or cowl needed...
Magnuson. I noticed you had the BD blower, that's why I referenced that one. I figured if you knew there was trimming needed you were thinking about your blower. Apologies for the confusion.

Reactions: a6d9cmro

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
462 Posts
Magnuson. I noticed you had the BD blower, that's why I referenced that one. I figured if you knew there was trimming needed you were thinking about your blower. Apologies for the confusion.
no worries! that Maggie 2650 is a beast for sure! The BoostDistrict is no slouch either. Can't go wrong with either one!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts