Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started getting the "Service Suspension" message last week and found that my rear driver-side mag level sensor had broken - it looks like the small rod completely came off somehow. Does anyone know the part # or any shop online that would have it in stock? Dealer is asking $460 for part + labor but it doesn't look that difficult to DIY if I can get a replacement.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,557 Posts

Reactions: Sheffield Steve

·
Super Moderator
6,557 Posts
Check that ebay link. You'll have a spare for the passenger side. That particular part number is discontinued with no other p/n listed, that I've found anyway. Ebay lister sold clutches to quite a few of us.

Reactions: ESindon

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Follow-up to this: I did buy the sensor from the ebay link (thanks @15SuperSport ) but it is missing the lower stud that connects the lower portion of the little rod. I was hoping I could use the part from the other sensor since the eBay listing came with two, but the stud that connects to the control arm is longer than the one that connects to the sensor at the top. In this photo, the part I need is the broken one on the bottom - see how it's longer than the upper stud.

Any ideas on what this part # is? I can't find it on any of the diagrams. The one on top that I already have looks to be 92139230

·
Super Moderator
6,557 Posts
Follow-up to this: I did buy the sensor from the ebay link (thanks @15SuperSport ) but it is missing the lower stud that connects the lower portion of the little rod. I was hoping I could use the part from the other sensor since the eBay listing came with two, but the stud that connects to the control arm is longer than the one that connects to the sensor at the top. In this photo, the part I need is the broken one on the bottom - see how it's longer than the upper stud.

View attachment 286613

Any ideas on what this part # is? I can't find it on any of the diagrams. The one on top that I already have looks to be 92139230
Well that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that it turned out this way. I'll keep my eyes open for you.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Is there any chance that it can be welded? . . . or would it be likely to just break again? :unsure:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that it turned out this way. I'll keep my eyes open for you.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Is there any chance that it can be welded? . . . or would it be likely to just break again? :unsure:
Hard to see from above, but it bent before it snapped. When trying to put the stud back on it doesn't sit straight.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Hard to see from above, but it bent before it snapped. When trying to put the stud back on it doesn't sit straight.
Two possibilities:
1) It could still welded so that it sits straight. I think the greater concern is whether or not ANY welding would cause the metal to weaken.
2) If all else fails, it is always possible to have a machine shop make one from scratch (i.e. it is not a complicated piece).

·
Super Moderator
6,557 Posts
googled both ball stud and ball end stud. Got a few hits, mostly 6 and 10mm balls, looks like many are for pneumatic cylinders. Be a bit of an undertaking, but a little measuring and some internet legwork may get you something that would suffice. You may also cross reference the other models the part number coincides with and check a few local salvage yards.

Reactions: ESindon

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
Very slim pickin's on info for this! "ride height connector rod end ball"
Don't have one in hand and toooo cold to go measure, took a bit to find
a search term. Nothing on gm parts direct. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts

View attachment 286613

I would use this to fix the broken one, just need to find a way to secure the two pieces, and a propane torch. It is a very strong repair, and think it would work.....

Cost is low for the rods, give it a shot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts