Chevy SS Forum banner

LSx Mag SS Article

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  indebt 
#1 ·

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Good review. He caught many of the finer points. As a '14 owner I guess I'm always a little amiss as to the fact that they rarely recognize the changes over the years all tended to blunt the fine driving edge of the '14, before Chevy start mucking with it. Fastest as measured around the track without magnetic ride, but heavier rear sway bar & springs. Fastest braking without rear Brembos...surprising. Forged vs. cast wheels...he alluded to that. Exhaust changes for sound's sake, but just added weight and the kazoo tube, well I prefer a quieter cabin and louder motor myself. One man's rant, sorry...Overall impressed as to how well he recognized its special heritage and abilities. Any year SS you take, It's a cut above. Nice :cool:.

#4 · (Edited)
Good review. He caught many of the finer points. As a '14 owner I guess I'm always a little amiss as to the fact that they rarely recognize the changes over the years all tended to blunt the fine driving edge of the '14, before Chevy start mucking with it. Fastest as measured around the track without magnetic ride, but heavier rear sway bar & springs. Fastest braking without rear Brembos...surprising. Forged vs. cast wheels...he alluded to that. Exhaust changes for sound's sake, but just added weight and the kazoo tube, well I prefer a quieter cabin and louder motor myself. One man's rant, sorry...Overall impressed as to how well he recognized its special heritage and abilities. Any year SS you take, It's a cut above. Nice :cool:.
[/QUOTE

#3 · (Edited)
Yeah, this was one of the better articles about the SS as far as accuracy goes, much more of a technical discussion rather than a “why the SS was a sales failure” that has been so typical by the so-called automotive press.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 · (Edited)
It produces a pseudo/retro muscle car sound inside the interior. With the 'kazoo tube' I think the engine sounds more reminiscent of a 60's big block. I used to knock it like some other members, but I've gotten used to it. Granted, it’s kind of funky, and I would prefer to add a few more cubes and ditch the tube altogether.

Reactions: wilkin4
#8 ·
Author Andrew NuSSbaum nailed it! Like Salt n Pepper he hails from Queens, NY (not Delaware)...lol

I predict another Subway World Series. ATL Braves and GA Bulldogs already got their Rings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.