Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished up installing a stock pulley LSA SC on stock 2016 SS manual with 15,000 miles. Installed 850 cc injectors and LS7 MAF.

I don't have HP tuners. A shop will be tuning it in the Spring.

Will the car start and idle with the larger injectors and LS7 MAF and LSA MAP sensor?

Will I need to install the stock injectors, stock MAF sensor, stock MAP sensor to drive 10 miles to the tuners shop?

Thank you for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Finished up installing a stock pulley LSA SC on stock 2016 SS manual with 15,000 miles. Installed 850 cc injectors and LS7 MAF.

Will the car start and idle with the larger injectors and LS7 MAF and LSA MAP sensor?

Will I need to install the stock injectors, stock MAF sensor, stock MAP sensor to drive 10 miles to the tuners shop?

Thank you for the help.
Your car won’t start or will run really messed up and possibly break stuff. The injector data is different for the ones in there. Just have it towed. You don’t have hptuners to change anything to get it to idle properly. Leave it be and load it on the trailer or flatbed.

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
557 Posts
Agree with the above statements. Rent a Uhaul and tow it. As I see it, you have a few things going on here...

1. LS7 MAF- your car will fire off but will not run
2. Injectors- the computer will not know how to compensate for the new ones
3. LSA MAP sensor- the computer will not know what to do with this new piece and fueling will be all messed up
4. There will be other tables that will need to be adjusted during the tuning process to deliver a great driving experience

There are very specific settings within HP Tuners that can address the above items. I'd argue that you should get HP Tuners and a device and start learning the basics. HP Tuners itself has a great repository of tunes that have been done that can get you going also...

Where are you located and who will be doing the tuning?

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
557 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree I probably should learn the basics of HP tuners and look into HP Tuners somemore.

When the Michigan winter is over and the car comes out of storage, I'd like to have it tuned, then drive and enjoy it. I'd rather not be adjusting tunes or breaking parts. That's just me, to each their own.

Some of you have amazing tire shredding, high horsepower cars and incredible mods and that's super cool! I'm not really looking for that setup...for now.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Any chance the shop can set a baseline tune if you bring them the ECM? That’s what I did for mine and it worked out for the drive from my house to the shop for the final tune. Saved me from having to trailer it.

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
557 Posts
Great color! build looks awesome also!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thank you for the help.
GRSS what type of kit did you use or did you put it together yourself?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I agree I probably should learn the basics of HP tuners and look into HP Tuners somemore.

When the Michigan winter is over and the car comes out of storage, I'd like to have it tuned, then drive and enjoy it. I'd rather not be adjusting tunes or breaking parts. That's just me, to each their own.

Some of you have amazing tire shredding, high horsepower cars and incredible mods and that's super cool! I'm not really looking for that setup...for now.
Boost is addictive and the LS with boost is an experience that never gets boring enjoy mate .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts