Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I came from a turbo 4 Subaru legacy to a V8 thinking it was enough and I was happy to leave behind FI and modding....oh well

I've got jba headers and exhaust,LS7 maf, 4" cai, lsa sc with stock everything else. 511whp 457 tq.

I just got it back Wednesday so I haven't really gotten to do much but I feel a little hesitation when taking off from a stand still. I need to do some more driving to see what's up.
The extra power is very nice. I'm not planning additional power but I guess we'll see.

*edit* so i think the hesitation was just me relearning how to use the gas pedal....I think it's slightly different than when I had the livernois tune on it...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[/quote]

Solid numbers!

What kind of dyno is that? I don't recognize the plot format.[/QUOTE]

Mainline dynolog..I've never heard of it either

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mainline dynolog is actually the most common Chassis Dyno in Australia. We all think they Mainline dynos are low reading, just as we are confident we satisfy our partners, despite what they say to or about us. YouTube Marks Workshop WA

https://www.youtube.com/user/samkactus
for some interesting supercharged LS builds on mostly Holden LS platforms, he has a Mainline. You may have to translate the accent but the Mainline readings and superchargers and LS engine build parts are all the same language.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mainline dynolog is actually the most common Chassis Dyno in Australia. We all think they Mainline dynos are low reading, just as we are confident we satisfy our partners, despite what they say to or about us. YouTube Marks Workshop WA
After seeing WAY TOO MANY dyno sheets, I've come to the conclusion that the primary purpose of a dyno is to humble the owner of whatever car is being measured. Getting an actual power reading is a distant second priority... :biggrin: :wink

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i thought I should update this thread.... it turns out the hesitation i was experiencing wasn't the tune or mechanical. After thinking it was the tune, transmission, etc.....I remembered the shop saying that my spark plug wires were suspect....Swapped those out and that fixed it. Wish i remembered the wires earlier, but I'm very happy enjoying the car now!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts