Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Slowly collecting all the bits to do an LSA install on my LS3, 2017 VF Director. This forum has been a massive help in compiling a list of what i need and how to do things. I bought a bare LSA core, its missing some lines/fittings off the top of the snout, looking at the pic below can someone tell me if what I've ordered is correct and will have the required bits that are missing from the top of the snout,

Attachments

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
vacuum from brake booster. That’s the middle set. The small port gets capped.

purge solenoid. That’s the far left circle. You have to get the LSA specific one, LS3 won’t fit.

far right circle - the factory LS3 MAP sensor just used as a plug. That set of holes isn’t used in the swap either.

Hope that helps !

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Started the LSA install with the removal of front bumper and oem washer bottle. Decided to use the Harrop "Supercharger installation kit" minus there pump/bracket/Coolant res. Have purchased there "LSA Stage 2 kit" aswell, which incorporates a 2.55" upper pulley, solid coupler, LSA intake kit, 65lb DW injectors.

The installation kit is quite good, the washer bottle relocation kit is quite neat and tucks up behind the front bar on the L/H chassis rail, includes pump wiring extension loom etc. Intercooler is very nicely made, good size and bolts straight in with some slight trimming to the plastic surrounds. Only tricky part with my installation was being an auto I also had to relocated the transmission cooler. I bought the flex lines from Harrop to do this and they clip straight in to the oem quick connect couplings, they come with the necessary cooler mounting brackets aswell.

Next step will be removing the oem intake manifold, changing the upper pulley and coupler on the blower.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Started the LSA install with the removal of front bumper and oem washer bottle. Decided to use the Harrop "Supercharger installation kit" minus there pump/bracket/Coolant res. Have purchased there "LSA Stage 2 kit" aswell, which incorporates a 2.55" upper pulley, solid coupler, LSA intake kit, 65lb DW injectors.

The installation kit is quite good, the washer bottle relocation kit is quite neat and tucks up behind the front bar on the L/H chassis rail, includes pump wiring extension loom etc. Intercooler is very nicely made, good size and bolts straight in with some slight trimming to the plastic surrounds. Only tricky part with my installation was being an auto I also had to relocated the transmission cooler. I bought the flex lines from Harrop to do this and they clip straight in to the oem quick connect couplings, they come with the necessary cooler mounting brackets aswell.

Next step will be removing the oem intake manifold, changing the upper pulley and coupler on the blower.
Looks good, I’m jealous of that aluminum front crash bar.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
For the time being I just kept the stock ones and let them lay on the side of the engine. It’s on the list of things to clean up.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
What are you guys doing with your heater hoses after installing an LSA? I'm thinking of buying a heater hose set from a VF GTS/R8 LSA.

Mine are stock for now, but I think bonecrusher ss did a video cleaning that up with some simple Napa hoses. Correct me if I’m wrong on who did the video

·
Super Moderator
5,641 Posts
I believe the hoses for the relocate are Gates 18077 and 18088, NAPA 10077 and 10078

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those that have used LSA rocker covers, did you all use the LSA coils aswell? My LS3 coils bolt straight onto the LSA rocker covers I've fitted no problem, as others have done, but the AFT L/H coil lead plug is very close/touching the firewall heat shield, I had to cut a small bit out of it but its still touching the black protection blanket under the heat shield. I have a feeling under load the engine is going to move quite a bit and it will rub/wear
I had to space out the dipstick bracket aswell to clear the R/H second coil but that's fine now.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Those that have used LSA rocker covers, did you all use the LSA coils aswell? My LS3 coils bolt straight onto the LSA rocker covers I've fitted no problem, as others have done, but the AFT L/H coil lead plug is very close/touching the firewall heat shield, I had to cut a small bit out of it but its still touching the black protection blanket under the heat shield. I have a feeling under load the engine is going to move quite a bit and it will rub/wear
I had to space out the dipstick bracket aswell to clear the R/H second coil but that's fine now.
I used the LS3 coils on the LSA valve covers. All my clearances were fine. If it sound like the timing is off when you go to start the car or you get some back firing one bank of coil wires is going the wrong way. Ask me how I know....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I used the LS3 coils on the LSA valve covers. All my clearances were fine. If it sound like the timing is off when you go to start the car or you get some back firing one bank of coil wires is going the wrong way. Ask me how I know....

Was just thinking, your install in the US is probably a little different in this area as you vehicles are L/H drive and components at the back of the engine bay are on opposite sides. Maybe your coil runs closer to the firewall on the R/H side not L/H like mine?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts