Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mechanic is currently installing some upgrades to prepare my car for FI. He is installing E85 sensor, 850CC injectors, and a LS7 MAF sensor. He is telling me my IAT temp is over 150 causing my car to do weird things. Anyone have any insight?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
The stock MAF measures IATs.

Im not sure how IATs are handled with the LS7 card style MAF while the car is NA, but either way the new MAF needs to be recalibrated with a tuner.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The plugs are the same, but the B and C wires needs to be switched.

As stated above, the tune needs to be adjusted as well....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The plugs are the same, but the B and C wires needs to be switched.

As stated above, the tune needs to be adjusted as well....
If the B and C wires weren't changed it will correlate to high IAT temps? Is that what those wires do?

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Just curious if anyone changed the calibration on IAT and maf after changing to 15865791 maf?

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Yes we have
Did you change the column axis or just swap the values over? If you are using the factory column axis values with the temperature values from the ls7/zl1 will throw it off. You need to make sure the ohms match as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you change the column axis or just swap the values over? If you are using the factory column axis values with the temperature values from the ls7/zl1 will throw it off. You need to make sure the ohms match as well.
Yes we did, we ended up finding through further diagnosis that the HPI injectors we installed were the culprit, would never recommend HPI injectors to anyone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts