Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive my SS daily and have racked up 155k miles so far. During my commute last night (500 miles each way) I had the drivers side fan fail. I unplugged it and continued my trip after a minute of searching for the terrible vibration. I’m thinking I should just replace the entire assembly which includes both fans. Looking at OEM parts right now, has anyone used anything else?

· Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
4,495 Posts
Good info, but personally, I would do the assembly, I mean, 155,000 miles or so, the other may be close behind.

• Helpful
Reactions: wilkin4 and ESindon

· Registered
14 Caprice PPV
124 Posts
I replaced both fan motors and new blades and reused my housing/frame. In hindsight the blades were fine and I could have reused them as well. The motors both had a vibration and noise as the bearings were shot. I think I had to get a couple bolts and grind the old ones off. I can't remember exactly. Its been a couple years. But I remember it wasn't bolt out, bolt in as the bolts were rusted and a pain. I would also do both motors while you have it out. I am sure the other one is probably close to the end of their service life as well. Also grab some coolant. If I remember right I had to remove the top coolant hose to get the whole assembly out and you lose a cup of coolant or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts