Chevy SS Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,086 Posts
To ALL SS owners that expressed their condolences on the loss of 2014 Heron White classic, thank you for your thoughts and comments. I have not heard back from my insurance on what they are going to provide for reimbursement. Two days after the incident I went online and printed off several examples of SS with similar miles mostly 2014-2015 models. I'm hoping they will be fair though the adjuster did have a good knowledge of the vehicle and its rarity.

Struggling with what I might get to replace it?? The car was so wonderful to have and drive for 7.5 years that I would find it difficult to drive anything else. Any recommendations??

WPRMAN31
I'd start here, get an agreed value policy from Hagerty or Grundy, and let the dream live on. (y)

There are new cars that check many of the boxes, but none that check all of the boxes that the SS checks. If I could afford a CT5-V Blackwing that would be the top of my list if the size difference was acceptable and I could afford it. Of course it may be under the same parts constraint as the SS in just a few short years, and it has many bells and whistles that the '14 isn't equipped with. Honestly I don't know if that's a good thing or not. The SS is and was one of the greatest cars ever produced by GM, and if I were in your shoes I too would be wondering where to turn.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Yeah, that list of parts hardly a total. Throw in rental for the time to collect all the pieces, and I'm sure insurance wants you to go away. I found a good bit of the parts available at Holmart, and a MY16 hood is not a deal breaker hood vents it is. The lower front grill is an issue right now. And 14,15 fog bezels disappeared. I'm sure even aftermarket versions will show up, just who knows when. I hope the parts rush going on right now settles down.

After they make you a $ offer to total it, tell them for that price you insist on keeping the wreck as it is quite rare. Then let the negotiations begin.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SS Chevy Bowtie Commodore
3 Posts
And this just popped up... Not the first choice, better than scrapping car.
[/URL]
Hello SS Forum members,

Two weeks ago my 2014 Heron White SS was hit by a teenage driver who ran a 4-way stop sign 1 mile away from my home. The front end damage did not look too extensive though the front fascia, front upper and lower grilles and hood were either destroyed or severely damaged. The car was driveable after the police arrived and completed their investigation and report, I did drive it home where on the next morning inspected the damage while waiting for the insurance adjuster.

After two weeks the insurance has declared the car a total loss and unrepairable. I used to work for General Motors and had contacted a co-worker to determine if the parts needed for my repair where available in the parts warehouses or possibly were in specific dealer inventories. The conclusion is that some of the major parts are NOT available anywhere in the US.

For those SS Forum members who own a 2014-2015 SS I am providing the parts that are not available (new) from GM.

92275622 - Black Front Driver Side Fog Lamp Cover

92264773 - Chrome Front Driver Side Fog Lamp Bezel

92264774 - Chrome Passenger Side Fog Lamp Bezel

92508800 - Hood

92278589 - Hood Insulator

92264782 - Black Front Grille

92276168 - Black Front Lower Grille

92264790 - Chrome Front Grille Opening Bezel

Some of these parts might be found in used parts websites online but insurances will not spend that kind of time and effort to do this, so they declared the vehicle a total loss.

Sad to see it go after 7 and 1/2 years of ownership with only 37,670 miles on it. Wonderful car to drive and enjoy. Hope to all SS owners out there that what happened to me 2 weeks ago will not happen to any of you.

Regards.

WPRMAN31

I recently got rear-ended in my 14' Heron White SS in almost exact scenario. Had repairs but cannot seem to locate a part that is most obvious when the rear end has 0 g.

I have to ask (because its been so difficult to find and get replaced) what happens to the car? If you're able to parts out I am in need of the Spare Wheel stowage stud PN # 92421255

If the forum would be able to direct or assist it'd be much appreciated. I may have to actually create a post for it. Guess I need to try the AU route as previously noted.

Again; your loss hits really close to home w/ Heron White 14' (mine's was just the rear which was worrisome; believe me). But maybe i can catch some wisdom? Obviously following this post. Would love to find out what ends up happening. Hurry up and wait i suppose. Fear the day mine won't come back.... but currently i hate hearing the spare tire lift up and slam down when going over city bumps.

GM PN 92421255 Spare Wheel Stowage Stud

Automotive tire Auto part Cylinder Tool Plastic

-Ben

·
Registered
2016 Chevy SS HW
161 Posts
Ct5v bw is the only manual v8 replacement. Rs6 avant is a good option for automatic. Plenty of v6 turbo sedans.

Ct5 bw may be limited in production like SS but at least all the spate parts that do exist will be stateside. A lot easier to ship and coordinate stateside than all the way on the other side of the world in a compete opposite timezone.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So where did you bury the teenager? ⚰
I’m always a bit paranoid of being smacked whenever I drive in my SS.
Hello Saber One,

I wanted to bury the teenager, but I could not. I guess anyone who owns such a nice car as a 2014-2017 SS could be quite paranoid about driving with all the careless drivers out there, but the car is so much fun to drive that you have to. Hope that what happened to me does not happen to you or any other SS owner that is part of this forum.

Regards.

WPRMAN31

21 - 30 of 30 Posts