Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Long time it has been and a few cars/trucks later, I am on the hunt again for another SS.

Since my previous, its been a 16 Malibu Premier (lasted 1.5 month), 16 Mustang GT (manufacturer buyback) 16 Ram Sport, 18 Charger 392, and now a 19 Ram Laramie Sport.

Looking to get back into a Chevy SS, silver or gray. Doesn’t matter an auto or manual.

Ill start lurking the board again and wanted to say hello. Some of you may remember me while Others I’m sure are newer.

EDIT: Location: Fort Leonard Wood, MO (Mid Missouri)

Thank you and ill speak to you all soon.

Philip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Why so many cars? And similarly why back to the SS?
Mostly an addiction and life changes. Also active Army and duty station changes that I required different vehicles.

But why the SS? Because i miss the comradery and conversations the car always started.
It has its flaws compared to others but i just enjoy a raw V8 with ample room for improvement and tuning.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Welcome back! If you haven't been keeping up, values on manuals are a good bit higher than automatics. Good if you've already got a manual, bad if you're wanting one. What year/range are you looking for?

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome back! If you haven't been keeping up, values on manuals are a good bit higher than automatics. Good if you've already got a manual, bad if you're wanting one. What year/range are you looking for?
My previous was a 2014.
Build link here- https://www.ssforums.com/threads/n-a-bolt-on-build.45425/

I wouldnt be opposed to a 2014. But keeping my year ranges open. They all have their pros and cons.

To answer your question, a lower mileage one thats unmolested or tastefully (minimum) modified. All years but looking more toward 15+.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
To answer your question, a lower mileage one thats unmolested or tastefully (minimum) modified. All years but looking more toward 15+.
Your sins are forgiven my son, welcome back to the fold. Go forth and stray not again.... :p

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where are you located? Members might be able to help you find a car in your area.

Also, thank you for your service.
Located in the Fort Leonard Wood, MO area; Mid Missouri. But willing to travel. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
SS is such a great car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You did a good thing today!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Long time it has been and a few cars/trucks later, I am on the hunt again for another SS.

Since my previous, its been a 16 Malibu Premier (lasted 1.5 month), 16 Mustang GT (manufacturer buyback) 16 Ram Sport, 18 Charger 392, and now a 19 Ram Laramie Sport.

Looking to get back into a Chevy SS, silver or gray. Doesn’t matter an auto or manual.

Ill start lurking the board again and wanted to say hello. Some of you may remember me while Others I’m sure are newer.

EDIT: Location: Fort Leonard Wood, MO (Mid Missouri)

Thank you and ill speak to you all soon.

Philip

Hello 768mph,

I guess I was too late in reading the new posts in SSFORUMS, I was simply going to ask you whether you would be interested in a Heron White 2014 automatic with a little over 26K miles. Good choice in the 2015 manual!! As ESindon said, "Now hold on to this one!!" Best to you in the future!!

WPRMAN31

·
Premium Member
6,867 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
How did you like the 18 392 and could you please compare?
Full disclosure since I’m an unbiased source and have experience with both platforms. And obviously am another owner of a SS.

Charger 392-
Engine: gobs of torque, fast revving, and power everywhere. I never felt the need to tune it. But downside would cost $1500 to tune- new PCM and hardware/tune. FCA locked these out in 2015.

Infotainment: hands down my favorite and most easy to use. Great looking layout and fast fast fast. Beats system was awesome and was upgraded for 2018.

Driving dynamics: a comfortable cruiser that will let your hooligan out fast. Can handle the curves very well, but you’ll feel the weight. Not bothersome at all.

Gas MPG: actually much better than the SS. I averaged 19 around town and regularly 25 at 75-80. One trip I babied it at 70-73 from Houston, TX to FLW, MO and got 27mpg.

Interior: love the dash and seats. The other materials are bleh. Hated the push down parking brake. My old Ram had that.

Exhaust: amazing sound that begged cold starts and remote starts. I put a H pipe and Black Widow Venoms on it. Amazing.

EDIT: added Chevy SS review

Chevy SS-
Engine: plenty of torque and power- smooth linear power-band, quick revving, and power all the way to redline. A tune really wakes this car up. Much easier and cheaper to tune, with countless LS gurus that know how to tune this motor.

Infotainment: a little dated but easy to use. Simple layout and plenty fast. Bose system is pure symphony and clarity is unmatched; surprising amount of bass without a subwoofer.

Driving dynamics: comfortable cruiser and surgical driving machine that will fool you into thinking youre a better driver than you are. Can handle the curves without question and beg for more. Drives like it weighs 500lbs less than actuality. This was a huge factor that I couldn’t forget.

Gas MPG: SS is pure raw V8, no 4 cy mode or hybrid technology. I average 17 around town and regularly 22 at 70-75. One trip I babied it at 70-73 from Springfield, MO to FLW, MO and got 24 mpg. Another motivation for acquiring a drivetrain that’s bulletproof and less to go wrong.

Interior: love the interior, always have. Its a nice place to be and reminds you that its not your average vehicle. It’s reminds you that you have something special without over the top design ques pulled from Autozone.

Exhaust: i enjoy the subtle sound of the LS3 and factory mufflers. Crackles and pops. Amazing. All it needs is a Corsa Catback, and call it done.

Compared the Charger 392, a great car that I easily will do anything and everything well. It is a straight up understated car that draws a double take. It also sparks conversation everyday and everywhere I go. The charger does NOT Have that; Never will IMHO.

Based on the above, my choice is clear. The SS was the winner that I chose. And truth be told, every time i was car browsing, i always ended up looking for another G8 or SS. Leaned more toward SS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/b]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts