Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a guy on Facebook that has a bunch of LSA superchargers that he is selling for cheap. I was going to buy one from him and put it on my SS. He doesn't ship with Fedex or UPS because he says it costs too much, only fastenal. So I set up shipping with fastenal and it just has to be dropped off there at the store in Springfield Michigan. But then he said he does not take Paypal, only Check or cash and I am going to be mailing neither of those things. Is anyone in this group in that area that can go pick it up in person and drop it off at fastenal for me and give him cash and I send you money via paypal plus I will throw you some extra "beer money" for helping me out. Hope someone in this group is around that area and can get me set up! I am down in Georgia so even if someone is maybe heading from Michigan to somewhere close down this way, I will meet up with you and just hand you cash and pay you for the shipping cost. Thanks!

Super Moderator
馃毄

Registered
I can't help, but if you need someone to weigh in on whether it sounds legitimate, I have my suspicions. Cash or check only is a huge red flag. What if you get it and it doesn't include everything you agreed on?

Good luck, hope it works out for you. But proceed with caution.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't help, but if you need someone to weigh in on whether it sounds legitimate, I have my suspicions. Cash or check only is a huge red flag. What if you get it and it doesn't include everything you agreed on?

Good luck, hope it works out for you. But proceed with caution.
My thoughts exactly. The guy says he's a shop and been in business for 40 years and that's just how he's done it. That may be the case but there's way too many scammers anymore. I won't buy one if that's my only option. Thats why I thought I would ask to see if there's any members nearby that could go in person because he said in person pick up is fine. Then I can just send funds to a member on here and have them ship it to me and I will let them make a little extra money then too. Otherwise, won't be getting a supercharger from him. Oh well.

Premium Member
CHIME IN WITH THE FACEBOOK CROWD FOR REVIEWS

Premium Member
Yes. He is selling them $750 each but they seem like cores not actual "test" units. He is maybe an hour or 1.5 from me.
You can find better deals on working units with lids.

He seems like a grump and doesn't even want to clarify on his own product. I've seen test units in the flesh, 45 minutes of "testing" doesn't equate to the level of filth on them in the photos. My guess is buy them as a core, likely returned warranty parts. But who knows. He is not the most pleasant it seems

I have a friend who may go look, but there are deals out there. A friend of mine is selling new LSAs with ZL1 lids for under #3k etc. Add that up for used vs headaches haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts