Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking into possibly buying a set of ace alloy aff02 wheels they are sizes 20x9 offset 35 and 20x10 offset 35. Tires that are mounted are nitto invo 285/35/20 fronts and 295/35/20 rears
The person selling them is at stock height with no fender rolling and would rub with 4 people in the car on big bumps.

Anyone know if I would have issues if I rolled the fenders and lowered on eibachs eventually?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump , any input on this? I went through the wheel page and it doesn’t look like many people run this aggressive of a setup

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
There might be (have been) someone here who’s run something similar, if not exact. But, you may also be the first to try that particular combo.

At a minimum it sounds like you can run them stock for a while with a mild fender roll and get an idea of what lowering might do. A different tire might offer a slightly lower profile as well if you do have rubbing lowered.

And, if you haven’t check out King springs from Australia as they have several options for how low you go, and an HD version of their rear springs that should help with rubbing in loaded situations.

Unfortunately it may just require some experimentation on your part. And, keep in mind all of this will affect the handling, balance and ride quality of the car, not necessarily for the better.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There might be (have been) someone here who’s run something similar, if not exact. But, you may also be the first to try that particular combo.

At a minimum it sounds like you can run them stock for a while with a mild fender roll and get an idea of what lowering might do. A different tire might offer a slightly lower profile as well if you do have rubbing lowered.

And, if you haven’t check out King springs from Australia as they have several options for how low you go, and an HD version of their rear springs that should help with rubbing in loaded situations.

Unfortunately it may just require some experimentation on your part. And, keep in mind all of this will affect the handling, balance and ride quality of the car, not necessarily for the better.

Thanks for the reply. I’m not interested in any experimenting hahah. So I guess I’ll pass on that set and keep looking

Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
This. ^ Great vendor, great person. Tires are very tall. Probably should be a thirty sidewall. I am running a 305/30R20 rear, and they are almost an inch shorter than the 295 that you listed. Wheels may work, tires may be the issue. Jon @Bestwheeldeals for the win. ?

·
Registered
338 Posts
This. ^ Great vendor, great person. Tires are very tall. Probably should be a thirty sidewall. I am running a 305/30R20 rear, and they are almost an inch shorter than the 295 that you listed. Wheels may work, tires may be the issue. Jon @Bestwheeldeals for the win. ?
agree, i run a 305/30/20 Nitto 555 G2 on a 20x11 wheel in the rear...no issues.

Reactions: 15SuperSport

·
Registered
192 Posts
What ever you do don't roll the fenders. Had a shop do it that said they do allot. A few months later paint is cracking on the lip. This was on a previous car.

·
Registered
479 Posts
20x10 offset 35 will rub in the rear, probably even with fender roll, unless you like donkey looking super camber

Reactions: indebt

·
Registered
338 Posts
What ever you do don't roll the fenders. Had a shop do it that said they do allot. A few months later paint is cracking on the lip. This was on a previous car.
i would venture to say that it wasn't done correctly with gentle warming of the paint before and during the rolling process...

·
Registered
405 Posts
I saw that ad. +35 is way too much for the rear. +45 works perfectly with a fender roll.
20190929_095321.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts