Chevy SS Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1225 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Well that baseball throw might have put a dent in that ego, well it should have anyway. I bet you enjoyed that. I throw like a girl and I laughed at that one. :ROFLMAO:
Where did your disdain for that guy start? I guess I missed it.
Watch his testimony from yesterday and you'll see why I can't stand Dr. Doom. He keeps saying lockdown, lockdown, lockdown, but when pressed about if it's a bad idea for thousands of protestors to be on the streets all close together, he started choking and couldn't bring himself to say - it's a bad idea for the protesters to be so close together. He might as well be on the Biden campaign payroll.

He's supposed to be a Doctor who took the Hippocratic Oath, be totally unbiased, and only care about his patients. Only that's not what he does...maybe because he doesn't treat any real people. Another intellectual shithead.

Why people can't figure out that if the Country doesn't go back to work, and the economy get going again real soon, we are gonna be in serious trouble. Our entire way of life is at stake here. As usual, people have forgotten the history of the Great Depression and how truly bad it was and that it went on for years. [email protected] that ever happening again. I'm against anybody who would help enable that level of crisis again, especially because of ego or politics. These politicians, doctors, unions and lawyers are playing with fire and don't even realize it, or worse, don't care. And that won't stand, not now not ever. I love my children too much.

I've said it many times:
I hate politicians on both sides.
We need term limits.
Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.
He who controls the message, controls the masses. (Why I hate the media so much)
All the politicians need to do is watch a few documentaries about the suffering and death that went on for years during the Great Depression and recognize the big difference between then and now....nowadays, a whole lot of the Country is armed to the teeth. And to think something like the Great Depression can't happen again is just plain arrogance and stupidity. Bottom line....I've grown sick and tired of all the big shots playing games with our lives as if we don't exist so they can become more powerful. Sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I won't say that I know as much as a top tech, but, I keep up, all of my training is current. I did most of the work on my race cars and have twice taken a car apart down to the last nut and bolt. I did a few engines in the late nineties for myself, and even built a rotary engine about 8 years ago. I've been involved with most forms of car repair most everyday of my life including electric cars. I just recently let my ASE certifications expire in 2018. I have testified in court, twice, as an expert witness.
You're misunderstanding me again. Sometimes I wish I stayed in school and learned how to write. I don't doubt your skills. Look at it this way. If an infant gets sick and ends up in the NICU and an IV needs to be started in one of those tiny, thread - like veins, would you rather a Doctor or Nurse who does it day after day start the IV, or some idiot who only talks about doing it? My point about Fauci is that all he does is talk to other Doctors, of his choice by the way who probably share his ideals, who are treating patients, rather than treating his own, draw his own conclusions, confer with the other Doctors in his Practice who are also treating patients, and then tell us what he thinks. I don't care about what he did 30-40 years ago. A LOT has changed in medicine over the years.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

I'm just posting information that I think people will find interesting. If you look back you will see I have posted articles on both sides of the "argument"

Which is why I still really don't understand what you are trying to convey/convince us of.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Don't you have to get refreshers/updates to keep your MD?
I would agree younger doctors on average are probably better than older ones.
Also, viruses probably haven't changed in how they are transmitted generally. Treated sure, transmitted, no.
I'm not a doctor but I play one on the internet.
If non-practicing Doctors and Nurses want to keep their licenses, yes they have to stay up to date in the classroom, not in the field necessarily.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
If non-practicing Doctors and Nurses want to keep their licenses, yes they have to stay up to date in the classroom, not in the field necessarily.
Watch his testimony from yesterday and you'll see why I can't stand Dr. Doom. He keeps saying lockdown, lockdown, lockdown, but when pressed about if it's a bad idea for thousands of protestors to be on the streets all close together, he started choking and couldn't bring himself to say - it's a bad idea for the protesters to be so close together. He might as well be on the Biden campaign payroll.

He's supposed to be a Doctor who took the Hippocratic Oath, be totally unbiased, and only care about his patients. Only that's not what he does...maybe because he doesn't treat any real people. Another intellectual shithead.

Why people can't figure out that if the Country doesn't go back to work, and the economy get going again real soon, we are gonna be in serious trouble. Our entire way of life is at stake here. As usual, people have forgotten the history of the Great Depression and how truly bad it was and that it went on for years. [email protected] that ever happening again. I'm against anybody who would help enable that level of crisis again, especially because of ego or politics. These politicians, doctors, unions and lawyers are playing with fire and don't even realize it, or worse, don't care. And that won't stand, not now not ever. I love my children too much.

I've said it many times:
I hate politicians on both sides.
We need term limits.
Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.
He who controls the message, controls the masses. (Why I hate the media so much)
All the politicians need to do is watch a few documentaries about the suffering and death that went on for years during the Great Depression and recognize the big difference between then and now....nowadays, a whole lot of the Country is armed to the teeth. And to think something like the Great Depression can't happen again is just plain arrogance and stupidity. Bottom line....I've grown sick and tired of all the big shots playing games with our lives as if we don't exist so they can become more powerful. Sorry for the rant.
It seems your problem with him is his bias, BS lying, and running our lives without regard for the economy and how that ruins peoples lives more than the Virus ever could. Not so much his medical knowledge? I get that.
As for his testimony yesterday what a joke, he could not, would not say protesting is bad for the spread. What a wuss.

p.s., these hearings are a joke in general, just both sides spouting crap that won't change anyone's minds anyway.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
It seems your problem with him is his bias, BS lying, and running our lives without regard for the economy and how that ruins peoples lives more than the Virus ever could. Not so much his medical knowledge? I get that.
As for his testimony yesterday what a joke, he could not, would not say protesting is bad for the spread. What a wuss.

p.s., these hearings are a joke in general, just both sides spouting crap that won't change anyone's minds anyway.
And don't forget about the damage being done to our children by keeping them out of school.

·
Registered
659 Posts
@willy92, what I believe @Smirnoff67 is describing is the difference between qualification and proficiency.

Someone can maintain their qualifications with continuing education, active reading and research, etc (and I take everything you both said as mutually acknowledging those things are helpful for knowledge on a subject). This is what I personally view as those field experts that maybe have retired and become consultants for the wealth and breadth of knowledge that comes with experience.

Being proficient means you are "in practice" and the needed hands on skills are also present through recent use of these skills. Sometimes those hands on skills are real time symptoms diagnosis. This is the reason for some fields requiring proficiency watches to maintain a license. And also why infrequently performed tasks may have a practice run if a mistake could result in a significantly bad outcome (like death). This is an enormous topic for us at work and one reason why there are requirements for not just continuing classroom traing for our operators (1 week of training every 5 weeks), but why it also includes time running scenarios in a Simulator during the training week.

We have a saying from work: Compentence fades faster than confidence.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
2,834 Posts
@willy92, what I believe @Smirnoff67 is describing is the difference between qualification and proficiency.

Someone can maintain their qualifications with continuing education, active reading and research, etc (and I take everything you both said as mutually acknowledging those things are helpful for knowledge on a subject). This is what I personally view as those field experts that maybe have retired and become consultants for the wealth and breadth of knowledge that comes with experience.

Being proficient means you are "in practice" and the needed hands on skills are also present through recent use of these skills. Sometimes those hands on skills are real time symptoms diagnosis. This is the reason for some fields requiring proficiency watches to maintain a license. And also why infrequently performed tasks may have a practice run if a mistake could result in a significantly bad outcome (like death). This is an enormous topic for us at work and one reason why there are requirements for not just continuing classroom traing for our operators (1 week of training every 5 weeks), but why it also includes time running scenarios in a Simulator during the training week.

I understand, I once had a Dr who couldn't even take my blood pressure. I left him.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
What do you suppose the percentage of people that DO NOT have covid is 99.??
328.2 million people in the US
4.7 million confirmed cases, that includes those that recovered.
That's 1.4 %

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
The number of people infected will be many times the confirmed cases.

The CDC conservatively estimates it's at least 10 times the number of confirmed cases. (via anti-body tests in New York, Florida,etc. ). Other sources say it could be 30 times higher.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts

And there's the difference between staying in school and a knucklehead like me. @Beatrice, if I get you your own nuclear power plant, will you run away with me? Just kidding, just kidding. Couldn't help myself. Nothing more attractive than brilliant women. 😎

·
Registered
3,705 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
He says no school? The CDC says they need to be in school.
I don't remember Fauci saying no school, but everybody else on the Left sure is. It's like I've said a million times...the Left doesn't care one bit about the Constitution, any property damage being done, the economy crashing, people being murdered, the strength of our Country and standing in the world, and arguably worst of all, the wellbeing of our kids. All they care about is defeating Trump and their own power. And the media is just as corrupt if not more so. What the extreme loonies on the Left are doing right now should scare the heck out of people. They must be stopped or the violence we've already witnessed is only going to amplify exponentially. People need to wake up real quick. Show me someone who believes all the protesting/rioting will end with a Biden victory, and I'll show you a fool.

Check this video out that a friend of mine sent me.

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
2,834 Posts
But we couldn't have a funeral for my Mom though. This is exactly the hypocrisy that infuriates me so. Someone explain to me why a Congressman is more important and/or deserving of being laid to rest properly than any of us. They suck!
That's gotta suck...but, I have attended 3 funeral/memorial services via Zoom these past few months, one of which had nationwide attendance of more that 1,000 people.

·
Super Moderator
5,817 Posts
That's gotta suck...but, I have attended 3 funeral/memorial services via Zoom these past few months, one of which had nationwide attendance of more that 1,000 people.
I think the point is that you shouldn't have to go to a Zoom funeral if the elitist politicians don't have to. What makes anyone more important than one's own mother?

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
It did suck. She passed away on April 24th in Detroit, and the funeral home only let my sister and I go there for 30 minutes for a viewing. Then at the cemetery, they wouldn't let my sister and I be in the mausoleum when she was laid to rest. You can imagine how pissed I was. My Mom was the exact opposite of me, or I should say, I'm the exact opposite of her. She was highly educated, a Registered Nurse all her life, helped more people than I can count, saved many lives throughout her career, tough as nails, yet incredibly kind and generous. Nobody, and I mean nobody, ever said a bad word about her. Think about that. Bottom line is, if there was ever anyone I've known who deserved to be laid to rest properly so everyone she touched could say goodbye and pay their respects, it was her. Even the Hospice employees were crying and they do that stuff every day for a living. And I'm not just saying it because she's my Mom. She was genuinely a wonderful human being. Yes I know...how could such a wonderful person create a monster like me? I've heard it a million times. No need to say it. I take after my Dad, what can I say. Anyway, politicians suck.

1161 - 1180 of 1225 Posts