Chevy SS Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1225 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
So the mask doesn't help the wearer, it helps others, correct? How does this relate to him? :unsure:
Those who eschew the mask tend to congregate together in like-minded Darwinism...

Reactions: SS_Scott

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Which were sage 4 colon cancer
To be fair his Stage 4 diagnosis was 14 years ago and he's been in remission since. It's more likely that simply being 75 was the risk factor that lead to the fatality.

Reactions: wilkin4

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I find it ironic, as one who lives in Florida, that I haven't heard of a single case of a normally healthy child having the virus UNTIL the subject of reopening the schools came to life. There's an old saying bud. "Don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see." Just because Newsweek writes an article doesn't make it true. Oh, and my best friend's wife is a teacher. She's as Democrat as they come and even she says the kids need to be in school. What the teacher unions are doing is reprehensible. Nothing worse than someone (the teachers) professing to care so much about a group of people (the kids) and then use them for selfish reasons (getting rid of Trump). Anyone who does that is a POS.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Somebody needs to put Dr. Fauci back in his hamster cage. How a Doctor who doesn't even see patients is the lead Infectious Disease Doctor in the Country is an utter mystery to me. That guy is nothing more than a hack with the Napolean Complex and a giant ego, who's in love with the sound of his own voice; and he knows that once the virus situation has normalized (as in after the election) he won't matter anymore, so he's going to indulge in his 15 minutes of fame-which feels like 15 years-as much as he can. Only then will he slink back to obscurity.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
If you want to see how masks are worn in the real world, go into a store were masks are mandatory & watch the employees. Just one example, getting cold cuts the other day. 3 women working (the same 3 since before the virus) I was the only customer one woman helping me the other 2 talking with their masks pulled down.

Reactions: SS_Scott

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Yep, there is a whole procedure for wearing a mask if it's to be effective (including not touching it). I have yet to see anyone actually adhere to it.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Somebody needs to put Dr. Fauci back in his hamster cage. How a Doctor who doesn't even see patients is the lead Infectious Disease Doctor in the Country is an utter mystery to me. That guy is nothing more than a hack with the Napolean Complex and a giant ego, who's in love with the sound of his own voice; and he knows that once the virus situation has normalized (as in after the election) he won't matter anymore, so he's going to indulge in his 15 minutes of fame-which feels like 15 years-as much as he can. Only then will he slink back to obscurity.
My responses to this are what get admins PMing me with ban threats for using apparently highly offensive words like G-D.

I'll just leave this here and then go about my day because this would be a waste of our times to take discussion to take further:
As a physician with the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Fauci has served American public health in various capacities for over 50 years, and has been an advisor to every U.S. president since Ronald Reagan. He has made contributions to HIV/AIDS research and other immunodeficiency diseases, both as a scientist and as the head of the NIAID at the NIH. From 1983 to 2002, Fauci was one of the world's most-cited scientists in scientific journals.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I find it ironic, as one who lives in Florida, that I haven't heard of a single case of a normally healthy child having the virus UNTIL the subject of reopening the schools came to life. There's an old saying bud. "Don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see." Just because Newsweek writes an article doesn't make it true. Oh, and my best friend's wife is a teacher. She's as Democrat as they come and even she says the kids need to be in school. What the teacher unions are doing is reprehensible. Nothing worse than someone (the teachers) professing to care so much about a group of people (the kids) and then use them for selfish reasons (getting rid of Trump). Anyone who does that is a POS.
All Newsweek is doing is restating data supplied by Florida. If you don't want to believe the data, don't believe the data. Not much I can argue against the fact you haven't heard of a single case of a child having the virus.

Reactions: Clutchfoot

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
My responses to this are what get admins PMing me with ban threats for using apparently highly offensive words like G-D.

I'll just leave this here and then go about my day because this would be a waste of our times to take discussion to take further:
And the last year he actually practiced medicine was when? I don't know about you, but if I contracted the virus, I would much rather see a physician who's been treating patients with the virus since it began, than see Dr. Fauci. He's a 79 year old geezer who needs to retire and go away. He probably would if he wasn't such an egomaniac.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
All Newsweek is doing is restating data supplied by Florida. If you don't want to believe the data, don't believe the data. Not much I can argue against the fact you haven't heard of a single case of a child having the virus.
Yeah, I'm sure the Florida Department of Health called Newsweek and asked that they run this article. Yup, that's probably exactly what happened.
"Supplied by Florida." I'd love to know who exactly, because when I go to the Florida Department of Health website, I can't find any age breakdowns.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Those who eschew the mask tend to congregate together in like-minded Darwinism...
Maybe, maybe not, we all know mask wearers never get COVID right? Probably just bad luck.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
And the last year he actually practiced medicine was when? I don't know about you, but if I contracted the virus, I would much rather see a physician who's been treating patients with the virus since it began, than see Dr. Fauci. He's a 79 year old geezer who needs to retire and go away. He probably would if he wasn't such an egomaniac.
Well that baseball throw might have put a dent in that ego, well it should have anyway. I bet you enjoyed that. I throw like a girl and I laughed at that one. :ROFLMAO:
Where did your disdain for that guy start? I guess I missed it.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yep, there is a whole procedure for wearing a mask if it's to be effective (including not touching it). I have yet to see anyone actually adhere to it.
Yep, that is one of the reasons the mask is to help others, not the wearer. And another reason to keep your hands clean.
Makes you wonder how much it helps or hurts right? I'm positive most people touch their face 10 times more playing with the damn thing!
I feel like not getting breathed on, not touching things, and hand sanitizer is the best combo.
At least the mask helps stop people breathing on me and I keep my hands clean so I like it. (y)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Reactions: Clutchfoot

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Masks are much more effective at protecting the wearer, not those around them. My wearing of a mask is 100% NOT altruistic, I wear my mask to protect me from others.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
I feel like not getting breathed on, not touching things, and hand sanitizer is the best combo.
At least the mask helps stop people breathing on me and I keep my hands clean so I like it. (y)
Yes sir, the more you can do to minimize viral load the better. One step helps to clean up some of the mistakes of the other.

Even if no one was requiring these steps I'd be doing them all anyway, because as it turns out protecting my community also helps protect my family, and conversely protecting my family helps protect my community.

Pretty basic stuff. It really is too bad people feel a request to apply common sense is about politics. Dr's across the political spectrum have been telling us to do this kind of thing for a hundred years.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Masks are much more effective at protecting the wearer, not those around them. My wearing of a mask is 100% NOT altruistic, I wear my mask to protect me from others.
I don't 100% agree with your numbers but...that doesn't matter.

At least you are protecting somebody with that application. Actually your are protecting yourself & your household. Which is way way way better than doing nothing.

1121 - 1140 of 1225 Posts