Chevy SS Forum banner

441 - 460 of 475 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Also, what about the millions that can't (or won't because they are scared) go to the doctor or hospital to get care they really need.
Part of that is not by choice. I heard there are lots of "elective" surgeries that are actually pretty necessary and time sensitive that are being put off against the will of medical professionals and patients due to county guidelines.

Its a disorganized, non nonsensical mess where broad (and sometimes counter effective) measures have been taken in absence of a sensible plan. The old expression, "an ounce of prevention equals a pound of cure" comes to mind. We need to put measures in place to get this right the next time it happens.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
This one probably belongs over in the Definition of Insanity thread,,,,,

🤬
Yes! And this guy is the news media's hero! WTF?
Yeah, that story actually broke a few weeks ago, but of course the media didn't do much more than lip service. A nursing home reported being forced to take in sick patients who arrived along with a supply of body bags for when they died.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Yeah, that story actually broke a few weeks ago, but of course the media didn't do much more than lip service. Nursing homes reported being forced to take in sick patients who arrived along with a supply of body bags.
Oh, also he tried to blame it on the feds (Trump). Said that was protocol per Feds and CDC. Bad thing is he forgot one little part of the protocol, quarantine the positive in the nursing homes!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Here's some of this Cuomo business from 10 days ago:

https://nypost.com/2020/05/10/cuomo-...L0XAa1ZhB3E1bU
Gov. Cuomo admits he was wrong to order nursing homes to accept coronavirus patients
By Post Editorial Board

May 10, 2020 | 7:20pm | Updated

And previous to that:

https://www.businessinsider.com/nurs...atients-2020-4
An NYC nursing home forced to take coronavirus patients was also sent a supply of body bags for when they died
  • An executive at an unnamed Queens, New York nursing home told the New York Post on Thursday how officials sent them body bags when they were forced to admit coronavirus patients last month.
  • Thirty residents at the previously virus-free facility went on to die from the disease.
  • It's the latest in a series of concerning incidents to happen in the city during the outbreak, including hospitals leaving bodies out on the street and patients across the city dying at home.
https://nypost.com/2020/04/26/cuomo-...nursing-homes/
Cuomo doubles down on ordering nursing homes to admit coronavirus patients
Gov. Cuomo doubled down Sunday on the state’s controversial directive ordering nursing homes to admit COVID-19 patients.

The governor — who himself has described nursing homes as a “feeding frenzy’’ for the deadly coronavirus — said that the facilities can’t challenge a state regulation forcing them to admit patients with the contagion.

But he insisted that nursing homes could transfer those ill with the virus to another facility if the centers lacked such things as quarantine space, proper protective equipment and staff.

Asked by a reporter at his daily briefing Sunday if there was anything contradictory about his statements, the governor replied, “No.”

“A nursing home can only provide care for a patient who they believe they can provide adequate care for,’’ Cuomo said. “If they cannot provide adequate care for a patient, they must transfer that patient.”

He said that if the nursing home can’t find another adequate facility, it should call the state Department of Health.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-yor...lp-11587673540
New York City Nursing Home With Dozens of Deaths During Coronavirus Outbreak Says It Got Little Help
At a Brooklyn nursing home where at least 50 people have died who were suspected of being infected with the new coronavirus, a top administrator says his center had to go it alone for weeks during the outbreak, with little support from the state or other authorities.

Cobble Hill Health Center Chief Executive Donny Tuchman said some staff wore garbage bags for protection. Some worked 16-hour shifts. And at times, patients were dying so quickly that the center’s refrigerated storage was beyond capacity, forcing workers to rotate...
https://www.democratandchronicle.com...te/3011279001/
Coronavirus: New York to investigate nursing homes, who point finger back at stateNew York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Thursday launched an investigation into nursing homes' conduct during the COVID-19 outbreak, which has left more than 3,500 residents of long-term care facilities dead since the start of March.

The state Department of Health and Attorney General Letitia James will co-lead the investigation, which will focus on whether nursing homes and adult-care facilities appropriately followed state law and regulation as the coronavirus went on its torrid spread in New York.

But nursing home operators say it was the state that took a bad situation and made it worse, citing a controversial March 25 advisory that they say may have helped introduce the virus into some of their elderly-care facilities in an effort to free up hospital beds.

I especially like that last one, where the state is going to investigate those nursing homes. Intimidation much?
bangs-head-on-wall

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
OK,,, I struggled and thought for a while about just where to put this one, or even post it up at all!!! Since its Pandemic related,,, here it goes!!! I know,,, its morbid,,, and darkly funny for those with a penchant for black humor!!! Me being one of those!!!!

Brings a new definition to Entrepreneurship and multi tasking,, so to speak!!

;)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
By June the 'Rona will have taken out 100K US lives. As a Chess Player and Veteran this Virus is the perfect weapon. Without firing a bullet or Hypersonic Cruise Missile the Teddy Roosevelt was taken out of action for nearly a month. If I was the Enemy I would be studying this Dry Run Pandemic, as I could easily bring the G10 economies and its defensive military strike force to a standstill. South Korea, Taiwan, AU, and NZ with its low death rates are no match for the Juggernaut who could easily pounce in theater as the Superpowers struggle internally with chaos because we failed to have an effective Strategy or Playbook. Next go round we need better preparation and not bicker about quarantine protocols needed to keep our country safe and military ready. Federal, State, and Political lack of Cohesive leadership and its resultant chaos thrust upon its unfocused citizens has been the perfect diversionary recipe for the Enemy. We need to be wary of Huawei devices and its 5G as well as cheap TV's and other electronic platforms including autonomous vehicles infected with spyware and implants for Big Brother-Unelect.

Hopefully I'm posting this tenet in some viral dream and will awake behind the wheel of my SS reverie...

·
Registered
705 Posts
It's actually President Trump, at least here in the States. And I would no sooner go to him for medical advice than I would my doctor for political advice.
He is your President not mine so I just refer to him with the courtesy title of Mr Trump. Actually I only ever refer to our Prime Minister as Mr Morrison. I wouldn't go to either for medical advice but Mr Morrison seems to take notice of our health officials.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
2,733 Posts
Time to open up,,, PERIOD!!

Even one of the die hard "Progressives (?)" has opined as much!!

;)
Bye, Felicia!
Though, I ain't a progressive, I'm off work and probably officially retired, I've got nowhere to go, anyway! The wife and I both are in the increased risk group and I need to be careful and stay away from careless people. I'm pretty well setup at home and our religious services are on zoom locally and streamed for major events, so, we're good! See you on the other side!

·
Registered
705 Posts
This has been very true this past week. I usually enjoy my drive to work in my daily SS, but this past week has been insane and dangerous. The accident reporting during rush hour closer and into to the city is insane.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
same thing is happening in Australia. it is easy to tell that some schools are back!

441 - 460 of 475 Posts