Chevy SS Forum banner

401 - 420 of 475 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Yes, this is a guess but could be close, the flu death numbers could be 10 times what they are reported in the places that don't report over 64 years old. So yep, the numbers will be WAY off/low.
Yes, this is a guess but could be close, the flu death numbers could be 10 times what they are reported in the places that don't report over 64 years old. So yep, the numbers will be WAY off/low.
Yep, will be difficult to get accurate numbers. Only thing we know for sure, anyone over 65 with certain health issues, either the flu, or Corona virus could kill you.

I think it is a government plot to help the budget, and get rid of folks on social security. Not really, just a lame joke attempt. :p

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Yep, will be difficult to get accurate numbers. Only thing we know for sure, anyone over 65 with certain health issues, either the flu, or Corona virus could kill you.

I think it is a government plot to help the budget, and get rid of folks on social security. Not really, just a lame joke attempt. :p
Why the paranoia towards the government?? Haha

I stand by my original guess-- It's the millennials trying to knock off the boomers.

·
Super Moderator
13,652 Posts
Let's bring this back around to absolutely no personal attacks or insults. Some have crossed the line already. If it continues the thread will be cleaned and some folks will have a short vacation from the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Here is a "Novel" idea!! Not too sure how effective it will be,,, but it is a good use of imagineering!!! Personally,,,, I think its pretty silly!!

:unsure:
That image is gonna give me nightmares. Maybe I watch too many horror movies.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I am over 65 and just had my seasonal flu shot. Better to be able rule that out if I get covid symptoms which is looking less likely here. We just got our 100th death in the entire country of which an unfortunately large number were directly from cruise ships and one aged care facility

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'm curious how accurate the CDC's death numbers are if some of our largest states don't report flu deaths in those 65+. Have they accounted for that in their estimates, or are we actually seeing 200k+ deaths a year with many of them not counted?? I'm guessing those flu deaths in 65+ aren't counted because there are often underlying medical conditions, but now they suddenly change the reporting criterion for COVID-19? In the end, it's like we're comparing a football game score to a basketball game score and saying the football players sucked because they didn't get as many points.
vested interests manipulating data perhaps. China had the problem of deaths that occurred outside hospitals not being counted until a review was conducted of death certificates (which they have to do by law)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
vested interests manipulating data perhaps. China had the problem of deaths that occurred outside hospitals not being counted until a review was conducted of death certificates (which they have to do by law)
China is your country's biggest trading partner. Is your Beef any good? (Steaks are not currently being discounted in our Supermarkets if can be found at all.) Can't believe they won't take your livestock exports because of blowback from the Coronavirus blame game. At least Australia has a handle on the pandemic with its low death rate. We are living in Interesting times...Stay Safe!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
China is your country's biggest trading partner. Is your Beef any good? (Steaks are not currently being discounted in our Supermarkets if can be found at all.) Can't believe they won't take your livestock exports because of blowback from the Coronavirus blame game. At least Australia has a handle on the pandemic with its low death rate. We are living in Interesting times...Stay Safe!
Off subject a bit, but steak is the only meat I can find regularly in the grocery store. No chicken, no bacon, no turkey, no ground beef, just lots of steak and the occasional sausage.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Off subject a bit, but steak is the only meat I can find regularly in the grocery store. No chicken, no bacon, no turkey, no ground beef, just lots of steak and the occasional sausage.
Paper Towels and TP were once scarce at the Neighborhood Wal-Mart, now all the meat is cleaned out in NM except for Hot Dogs, Links, and Italian Sausage.. Frozen pizzas also getting scarce plus big bags of Rice and Beans...lol

Locals on UI are getting an extra $2400 a month, even the TVs are getting scarce at the Big Wal-Mart Target and Sam's. No one seems to be Saving Bucks for a rainy day...

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
A little update:
The family and I have fully recovered from what ever we had. It could have been Covid-19, also could have been the flu. I know other folks who got sick and were able to get tested and it came back negative. Though the "brain tickler" doesn't always catch it (probably only does if the bug goes to your upper repository system, but no expert here). I took an antibody test a week back from Quest Diagnostics and the results were negative, but who knows how accurate it was. I may have taken it too early (18 days in). I will probably take another test later as the tests get more accurate.

The point is that we are all better and maintained our quarantine with the help of neighbors and friends including items for us on their supply runs and God's hand of healing.

On the subject of meat shortages. It doesn't seem to be impacting our stores in my corner of America. I've taken to advancing my BBQ skills as my quarantine craft so that I can prepare a celebration once this whole thing is over and I've had no problem getting various cuts of meat. Working from home allows me to run out to the grill to check or make adjustments on the smoker over the course of a workday. My wife appreciates the new hobby.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
This made me think of Florida. Did you guys see the Governor telling the media what a bunch of boobs they are?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I've been plotting NC data since the beginning of March and the results have been exceptionally linear. No changes from lockdown and thus far no change from partial reopenings. Curious if that changes upon full reopening, but I'm not expecting much at this point.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Here is a "Novel" idea!! Not too sure how effective it will be,,, but it is a good use of imagineering!!! Personally,,,, I think its pretty silly!!

:unsure:
That has got to be one of the stupidest things I have seen in a VERY long time.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
It's worth noting:
"This article is a preprint and has not been peer-reviewed [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice. "

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I don't see how you can say a lockdown wasn't effective in limiting spread with the data that is out there. Just look at NYC, you would not have a downward curve for the past couple of weeks if nothing was locked down at all.

401 - 420 of 475 Posts