Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I have a thousand bucks worth of MotoGP tickets at COTA (was taking a group). It's been 'postponed' until November. They're not (yet) offering refunds and have ignored my queries.
With the economy crashing and employment uncertain for many there may not be any incentive to get people to shop at dealerships.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I wonder why we are not seeing an explosion of this disease in the homeless population?

I would presume the conditions in the encampments are ripe for spreading this. e.g. No water, no hand washing, close contact. etc.

Or maybe their immune systems are better than average.
Maybe it is, you have to test for it to know it's there.

·
Registered
955 Posts
True,

But given their situation. (Poor sanitation, no water, compromised immune systems via drug use. etc), wouldn't you expect to see a lot of deaths?
I guess so, maybe too soon? We have lots of homeless here and I haven't heard of any specific cases. They did have a news story about the homeless shelter and the precautions they are doing but by far most are not in shelters.
Maybe they are pretty much isolated anyway, so they wouldn't be likely to get it, you know?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Zero percent financing is still zero percent financing. As long as there is no prepayment penalty call it zero percent for 168 months, I don't care as I'm not going to take that long to pay it off. We have considered a 15 year mortgage but we can and do double up our mortgage payments on our 30 year. The point is life is uncertain so we like the flexibility if we find ourselves in a position of trying to preserve cash (like right now).

I'll tread lightly on the economic and C-19 talk, I've said my peace and at the end of the day we all have different fears but are fundamentally coming from the same place and projecting them in our opinions. Disruptive breakthroughs are going to happen soon and it will change our trajectory.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Buy a new C8 Vette maybe??

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Buy a new C8 Vette maybe??
Think all the '19s are spoken for, and with plants shut down you're not going to find much inventory in the near future.

I think I saw incentives exempt the C8 but are applicable for leftover C7s.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Ah dang, the few times I saw it I always enjoyed Aussie rules football.

It's nice to catch up on all the great 30 for 30 ESPN docs they've been running. But man lack of sports is a bummer :(
I hate Christian Laettner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,300 Posts
Think all the '19s are spoken for, and with plants shut down you're not going to find much inventory in the near future.

I think I saw incentives exempt the C8 but are applicable for leftover C7s.
Plenty C7's are still around ...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Ugh, brain fart, don't know what year this is yet. The C8s started at 2020 and all of this model year run are spoken for. I meant to say there are still leftover '19 C7's.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Disruptions are occurring around the globe, everywhere. It is a wave and we are now getting it, starting in NY.
There are shortages of parts from China and Europe and shortages of ventilators even in Louisiana.
Providing realistic forecasts and scientifically (not politically) conservative projections is the duty of both government and the media, so all stakeholders and the public understand and prepare for what is coming. So far the state governments and the media have been doing an infinitely better job at this than the federal executive branch. The predictions of the public health community, consistently dismissed and diminished from the start by the executive branch, are turning true or even understated.
The situation is very severe and needs to be explained and understood and reacted to accordingly. The media I am reading and watching provide me the whole picture, the figures, the projections, the challenges, the directives, the heroics, bravery and humanity of respondents and people, and the ineptitude and failings.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Well, this thread seems to have drifted a bit since I started it. Instead of some really long term debt deals on a set of new wheels--now opposed to perhaps rethinking the present moment, I find myself focusing more short term stuff. Pretty much all of my projects involving large expenditures have been downsized or omitted. Think I'm going to clean the cars and the garage. What a difference a few weeks makes.
Stephen King summed it up: "Sometimes life can turn on a dime."

·
Registered
620 Posts
Bro sent me this little ditty!!!

STAY THE F @ HOME!!!

Would love to, but can't! Essential means I still drive somewhere 5 days a week.

OP: we cancelled some larger projects that were around the house because having the house a wreck when it's the only place you can go seems like a great way to make life miserable. We hadn't booked any of the outside help we were planning, so at least there's no impact to anyone else.

We were also looking at replacing DHs SUV, and that also got a pause. Not required at the moment, so we wanted to see how things sort out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
There will be time for the big projects later. Who knows, car prices will probably be better also..

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Not the best time to buy a car and you should NEVER buy a new one.

That being said, I would imagine dealerships should be getting more and more desperate for sales in the next week or two. Could be a way to get a great deal.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts