Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, how about those interest free 84 month loans going on out there--any takers?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Well, how about those interest free 84 month loans going on out there--any takers?
To buy what? I find nothing on the market enticing.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Lots of street cafes here in Melbourne are quiet, people are still going out and being active but not anywhere near the normal level,

It’s very strange watching football being played in an empty stadium.

So here’s hoping a viable medication can be approved and supplied in sufficient amounts so things can return to normal.

As for scams, we are being warned as well by both the gov and banks.

·
Premium Member
2,066 Posts
The snakes follow every disaster, and even personal tragedy. Our state just started testing last week . So it feels like just overnight its spreading like wildfire. Things are slowing down and people at home eating a lot of sandwiches. Restaurants and Schools closures before any mandates.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
If anyone has a spare half hour (who doesn't now?), this is a very good read explaining the reasons for isolation countermeasures and the progression of the virus based on what we know:

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I wonder why we are not seeing an explosion of this disease in the homeless population?

I would presume the conditions in the encampments are ripe for spreading this. e.g. No water, no hand washing, close contact. etc.

Or maybe their immune systems are better than average.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Maybe .. if I could get my hands on a C8 Corvette, and the factories weren't shutting down.

Homeless population ? Yeah they've been practicing "social distancing" for years. But we did have our first homeless death here recently.

Speaking of Lockdown, they are now releasing prisoners who were Locked up.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I hate the term "social distancing", instead, it should be "PHYSICAL Distancing" as we are still able to be social by electronic means, or simply drink beers with our neighbors, each in our own back yards. Some people think they have to completely cut off communication with the world.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe .. if I could get my hands on a C8 Corvette, and the factories weren't shutting down.

You may very well get your chance. I heard thru some back channel that a lot of those who initially put down deposits on C-8s may be having second thoughts and backing out. Perhaps some deals can be had.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Heard on the radio this morning that AFL Australian football league games are being aired in the US and many have no idea what’s going on or what the rules are.
so for those who have seen a game during this lockdown and still haven’t figured it out, don’t feel bad because the umpires don’t know ether.

·
Premium Member
14,300 Posts
Hey watch sumo!!!! Tomorrow is the last day of the first tournament ever without fans.

Note: one day delay until highlights are available on line.

Sumopedia learns you about it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
AFL has now shut down until May31 at the earliest and Victoria will shut down tomorrow night I think (except for essential activities and freight associated with them)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Ah dang, the few times I saw it I always enjoyed Aussie rules football.

It's nice to catch up on all the great 30 for 30 ESPN docs they've been running. But man lack of sports is a bummer :(

·
Registered
817 Posts
Zero percent financing and 4 month delay in payments means absolutely nothing to me. I have a 839 credit rating, I always qualify for the lowest interest rates and I never finance a vehicle for longer than 60 months. Financing a vehicle for 84 months is just another way of saying I want to be upside down in my vehicle. In my entire life I have never gotten rid of (traded, sold...etc) of a car in which I was upside down on the payments.
4 months no payments. Whoopee! Seriously that is even more useless to me than than the zero percent for 84 months. All it means is that the break even point on money owned on the car I would owe 84 payments on will now be 4 months plus later.
All of this is just an attempt to convince those who cannot afford it to over spend. While this might work on those who could not afford a new car any other way it does nothing for me. Because GM has decided to get out of the car business by only making SUVs and trucks while I pretty much only drive large sports sedans it will be a hard sale. Maybe if they had another 20% off everything sale (like when I bought the 2016 SS) they could interest me in coming in to look at SUV (UHG!), but their current enticements do nothing for me.....
I fear that after 25 years of only buying GM products I will be looking elsewhere when the time comes....

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I wonder if the cable companies are going to give refunds on the now useless sport packages?
Hah, you know the answer to that!

I'm sure I won't get credit for the $10 monthly "sports surcharge" either.

My Gold's has been radio silent when members ask about reimbursement of monthly membership fees.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Zero percent financing and 4 month delay in payments means absolutely nothing to me. I have a 839 credit rating, I always qualify for the lowest interest rates and I never finance a vehicle for longer than 60 months. Financing a vehicle for 84 months is just another way of saying I want to be upside down in my vehicle. In my entire life I have never gotten rid of (traded, sold...etc) of a car in which I was upside down on the payments.
4 months no payments. Whoopee! Seriously that is even more useless to me than than the zero percent for 84 months. All it means is that the break even point on money owned on the car I would owe 84 payments on will now be 4 months plus later.
All of this is just an attempt to convince those who cannot afford it to over spend. While this might work on those who could not afford a new car any other way it does nothing for me. Because GM has decided to get out of the car business by only making SUVs and trucks while I pretty much only drive large sports sedans it will be a hard sale. Maybe if they had another 20% off everything sale (like when I bought the 2016 SS) they could interest me in coming in to look at SUV (UHG!), but their current enticements do nothing for me.....
I fear that after 25 years of only buying GM products I will be looking elsewhere when the time comes....
I know, there's nothing out there. I could probably stomach a heavily discounted CT5 "V", particularly if it does hold true they eventually have a manual.

I'm at 37k on the SS but now racking it up more slowly since I leased a Colorado for winter duty, so I'll have my SS for a looooong time.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts