Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did a whole country search and there are 31 listed.

Here is the link to a whole country search so you don't have to fend thru the advanced search junk:

New Chevrolet SS - in 19003 Area - on Cars.com

I'm skeptical of the dealers listing them at invoice ... there is no way you are going to get out the door without a pack or a big doc fee or a low balled trade or a "our lender" financing or something they don't make additional profit $$$ on.

· Registered
162 Posts
Something is off with that search. Only 32 cars? It shows one of the dealers in Houston(Munday) with 6 cars. Plus according Chevy's site, there are several dealers in the Houston area with cars coming that are not on that list. I wonder if dealers have an option to participate on Cars.com. That may explain why some are not showing up.

· Super Moderator
5,938 Posts
Something is off with that search. Only 32 cars? It shows one of the dealers in Houston(Munday) with 6 cars. Plus according Chevy's site, there are several dealers in the Houston area with cars coming that are not on that list. I wonder if dealers have an option to participate on Cars.com. That may explain why some are not showing up.
I would hope that's 31 del. ?
z51vett
Doug

· Registered
385 Posts
I just did a whole country search and there are 31 listed.

Here is the link to a whole country search so you don't have to fend thru the advanced search junk:

New Chevrolet SS - in 19003 Area - on Cars.com

I'm skeptical of the dealers listing them at invoice ... there is no way you are going to get out the door without a pack or a big doc fee or a low balled trade or a "our lender" financing or something they don't make additional profit $$$ on.
Took a look. Can't be right. Although it includes a few of the ones I came across so far in the New England area, it doesn't include most of them. And I'm still ssearching.
View attachment 1385

· Banned
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dealers have to PAY to list their cars on cars.com and all the other competing sites.

Just like carfax and their competitors they cost $$$.

So what you see is only from the dealers who have signed up with cars.com and pay to list their inventory ... some or all of it.

· Registered
640 Posts
Seeing the prices listed suddenly puts things into perspective. A couple of options and tax and it's quickly a $50,000 car. Once the enthusiasts have one dealerships will be hard pressed to move them, but I guess they won't be in that situation given the way the SS was rolled out. To bad they learned from their G8 mistake, I could have definitely jumped on one that was heavily discounted.

· Registered
287 Posts
Seeing the prices listed suddenly puts things into perspective. A couple of options and tax and it's quickly a $50,000 car. Once the enthusiasts have one dealerships will be hard pressed to move them, but I guess they won't be in that situation given the way the SS was rolled out. To bad they learned from their G8 mistake, I could have definitely jumped on one that was heavily discounted.
I'm afraid LS1hawk if you were only prepared to buy the car if it was heavily discounted, you weren't the target market for this car in the first place. Holden can't afford to lose money on this deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.