·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Automatic 42,000 miles

P1516 Throttle body actuator position performance
P2101 Throttle motor
P2119 Throttle body range history

I installed a ported throttle body a couple of years ago, and I kept the original, and will put it back on today. Hope that remedies the issue, not drivable when this happens....

This happened driving home from the track last night, that was closed due to rain, took about 10mins to get car running right again. Had to turn off for 5 mins about three times, and finally started running good again, was undrivable with the reduces power message...

Any other thoughts, or input for things to check ????

Going out now to put original throttle body back on.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Good luck. Leaning towards motor on throttle body. You should be able to put good motor on ported.
Give it a chance to relearn.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just put the original throttle body on, and cleared the codes. Runs fine, just need to drive, and monitor.

I never felt, or could tell any difference with the ported throttle body, I think with my stock motor it really doesn't help much, if at all. I may port the ridge myself on the original.

Reactions: Fedge378

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, after a lengthy test drive, car runs better than before, seems much faster. I think the other throttle body had issues for a while, either not opening correctly, or sensor not working right, my guess is the motor.

On a side note, I think the ported throttle body has no benefit on a stock motor, the restriction is in the MAF housing. If I had headers, cam, and other goodies, would convert to an LS7 MAF. Just my opinion, results may vary. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts