Chevy SS Forum banner
81 - 100 of 126 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
I would like to register my interest to buy a spring if this is still going.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Welcome to the SS Forums @tinny !!

Increase you post count to above 5,, can be replies or threads started,,, log off for a few,, when you achieve that milestone!! When you log back on,,, the "Conversation" (PM) feature will unlock for you to conduct inquiries and communicate off the public forum!!

Good Luck!!

ES

· Registered
90 Posts
Finally got my SS out from hibernation and installed the clutch spring.

Maybe the best 'bang for the buck' mod I've done on any car. Significantly improved, very predictable clutch takeup. I can now focus on driving instead of relearning how to work a clutch at every stop.

I only drove a couple dozen miles in the SS over the winter so I didn't notice any increased effort with the change. I did put a good coat of grease on the spring and worked it between the coils.

Thanks
Hey, ya'll! What grease have you used on the new springs? :)

· Registered
2017 SS 6MT
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
I’ll refund you if you don’t like it.

Just send it back to me via usps for $4.50 :)

But I would bet heavily it won’t come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
90 Posts
Anything that sticks :)

It isn’t seeing high temp or water so anything that’s thick enough will do it.

Thank you, Matt! I got her in, after an hour of standing on my head! 😂

Forgive me if this is hijacking the thread but I was wondering if there were any drivers in the SW PA after that have done this mod that I can meet up with and just feel their pedal with this new spring?
I'm near Harrisonburg, VA. I don't know how close that is to you, though!

· Registered
2017 SS 6MT
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
going through all these threads I found a post that mentioned the top of the pedal feeling loose with this new spring install. Is that true?
Hmm honestly not that I recall. My car has been under the knife for the last 3 months. I’ve sold roughly 4-500 plus the others that Carrie’s the torch before me and I haven’t gotten any complaints.

· Registered
90 Posts
going through all these threads I found a post that mentioned the top of the pedal feeling loose with this new spring install. Is that true?
I just installed mine last week, and I can assure you that there is no play in my pedal. I drove the car 6 hours to the Outer Banks, and 6 hours on the return trip home without an issue. The only thing I noticed is that I can no longer rest my foot on my clutch pedal. I was able to before with the factory spring, and it would not engage the clutch, even in the slightest.

· Registered
265 Posts
Hmm honestly not that I recall. My car has been under the knife for the last 3 months. I’ve sold roughly 4-500 plus the others that Carrie’s the torch before me and I haven’t gotten any complaints.

ok. I’ll take on

Ok. Sorry, I must’ve misread something. Ok, yes add me to the list please. I’d like to order a spring.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts