Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our A6 transmission pan is a direct bolt on for the Chevy SS!

-Increase Transmission Life

-Increase Transmission Fluid Volume by 2 quarts!

-Lower Operating Temperatures

-NO LOSS OF GROUND CLEARANCE

-Bolt on Replacement

-LG Track and Street Proven

Give us a call today for pricing! 972-429-1963

EDIT - 2 quarts, not almost 1 gallon. My hands were tired 3 years ago when making posts during the previous owner. Currently working on adjust the price on these as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
I like that!!!!!!!!
I wish you could post the price
It’s on their site. I don’t know the rules so I won’t post the price, in case the punishment is castration. But search their site for “transmission pan” and voila!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Our A6 transmission pan is a direct bolt on for the Chevy SS!

-Increase Transmission Life

-Increase Transmission Fluid Volume by Almost 1gal!

-Lower Operating Temperatures

-NO LOSS OF GROUND CLEARANCE

-Bolt on Replacement

-LG Track and Street Proven

Give us a call today for pricing! 972-429-1963
No way possible that pan has a fluid increase of almost a gallon. Maybe a quart, quart and a half tops.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
They are extremely reputable from what I understand. I have to think there 1 gallon is a typo. The Moroso pan claims 1.2qt increase and is very similar.
It's a hand built aluminum pan, it's not going to be cheap. You got to pay to play and when you are at the point that you are considering a trans fluid increase you are already spending big money on everything.
I just spent 3k ok a fuel setup and it was a compromise to save money, but still be sufficient.

·
Registered
430 Posts
$600. LOL. Who would ever need more than a dirt cheap Camaro pan, wide mouth filter, and a good trans cooler at a fraction of the cost? A good trans cooler and a Camaro pan will destroy this pan's cooling capabilities. Why is this pan so expensive? It's just a simple aluminum trans pan. Just a good trans cooler would be a much more wise investment.

Edit: Sorry, I sounded like a d1ck. It's a very nice pan, especially the baffle, but I personally don't see the benefit. I am content with my B&M 70274 cooler and deep Camaro pan for less than $200. It keeps my transmission with 3800 stall converter nice and cool in 100 degree weather. What pickup/filter is needed with this pan? Does this pan maintain the stock fluid level with respect to the rail?

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
$600. LOL. Who would ever need more than a dirt cheap Camaro pan, wide mouth filter, and a good trans cooler at a fraction of the cost? A good trans cooler and a Camaro pan will destroy this pan's cooling capabilities. Why is this pan so expensive? It's just a simple aluminum trans pan. Just a good trans cooler would be a much more wise investment.
I can't speak to the cost aspect of this product. The SS auto has a factory thermostat controlled transmission cooler. If I wanted more cooling for the trans, I'd first look into improvements at the heat exchanger side, i.e. bigger/higher fin density cooler and airflow through it. An larger pan may be enough to delay high trans fluid temps for really short duration use, like drag strip or maybe autox, but won't reduce operating temps significantly for extended usage like that on a racetrack.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
A lot of hate here. Nearlgg a 1 gallon increase is a serious amount of fluid and the baffle will help with starvation on heavy cornering. The fact that it doesn't lose ground clearance seems really cool. Custom parts cost money gents and this is an option for those looking to improve the cooling of there 6AT.

·
Registered
648 Posts
A lot of hate here. Nearlgg a 1 gallon increase is a serious amount of fluid and the baffle will help with starvation on heavy cornering. The fact that it doesn't lose ground clearance seems really cool. Custom parts cost money gents and this is an option for those looking tkk improve the cooling of there 6AT.
You are right about all the hate. If the vendor was Livernikkers everyone involved in the $hit posts would be banned. However the vendor is not Livernikkers so carry on.

26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No way possible that pan has a fluid increase of almost a gallon. Maybe a quart, quart and a half tops.
They are extremely reputable from what I understand. I have to think there 1 gallon is a typo. The Moroso pan claims 1.2qt increase and is very similar.
It's a hand built aluminum pan, it's not going to be cheap. You got to pay to play and when you are at the point that you are considering a trans fluid increase you are already spending big money on everything.
I just spent 3k ok a fuel setup and it was a compromise to save money, but still be sufficient.
A lot of hate here. Nearlgg a 1 gallon increase is a serious amount of fluid and the baffle will help with starvation on heavy cornering. The fact that it doesn't lose ground clearance seems really cool. Custom parts cost money gents and this is an option for those looking to improve the cooling of there 6AT.
2 quarts, not almost 1 gallon. My hands were tired 3 years ago when making posts during the previous owner. Currently working on adjust the price on these as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts