Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy SS
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrapped my 2017 SS about 24 months ago and haven't looked back since. I love the matte finish, especially with several layers of ceramic coating on top that gives it the sheen or depth (dunno how else to put the look into words) to the flat color. Left the roof black (Phantom Black Metallic original paint). Personally, I love the idea that my original paint, which we corrected before the wrap, will be protected for a very long time. Mine is done in a 3M Battleship Gray Vinyl.

I have seen several other wrapped SS's through FB and other forums, I would love to see them all together in a single thread here.

Let's see what you got!
0718201445b-01.jpeg
0718201447.jpg
Grafiti.jpeg
Gratti.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy SS
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice! do you just hand wash it normally?
Yes and no. The wrap can handle most any cleaning products but I do have a special chemical cleaner that I use from time to time as well. The best part about this wrap, though, is that I can clean it however, wherever without issues. For instance, an automated car wash. The wrap has a warranty and is also coated with 3 layers of ceramic coating, so you'll never see swirls or paint/wrap damage from car washes and so on. But, my OCD self hardly ever uses those unless it's a need. lol

·
Registered
186 Posts
Is the car noticeably quieter with the wrap? Adding weight/layers to the sheet metal typically helps that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
I've been toying with putting a wrap on but I have some questions as to the legality of the below option. I also haven't found a place in my area that does wraps either. Maybe that's a good thing?? lol

·
Registered
838 Posts
I would think have Police markings on the car would get you in trouble. All the ex-police cars I have seen have markings removed

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Wrapping one of our cars is just wrong....... ;)

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
How much does it cost to wrap and coat? Less than 1K?
So I haven't done a lot of research but a place I found near me that looks to have a good reputation,
"Pricing will vary from every vehicle and no project is the same. Finalized pricing is done in person, specific to that vehicle, and is susceptible to change if no consultation is made prior. Full wrap packages begin at $3,999 and may range up to $5,999+ for standard applications depending on add-ons and accents. Chrome wrap pricing begins at $8,499 and may range up to $14,999+ also depending on project variables and additional add-on services to preserve the chrome finish."

I don't know if this is a good or bad price range for full wraps but I do know it's more than I'd want to spend. I'd rather use that money towards an exhaust and blackout trim.

·
Super Moderator
6,537 Posts
A good friend of mine builds rat rods and has won awards at national shows. Loves the SS but still ribs me about how clean it is all the time. Would love to show up with this wrap one time...

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Full wrap packages begin at $3,999 and may range up to $5,999+ for standard applications depending on add-ons and accents. Chrome wrap pricing begins at $8,499 and may range up to $14,999+ also depending on project variables and additional add-on services to preserve the chrome finish."
$15K.... hmmmm.... no thanks.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
That is a spectacular wrap!!! Awesome color!!!! I only wrapped my roof and spoiler....
Like what you did 4033. The black roof/spoiler is really growing on me! I keep looking at Kyle's roof and thinking how good that'd look on mine. Now I'm wondering if the roof is something I could do myself. Yes, it's been a slow week at work so far! lol

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
The only part I would consider getting wrapped is the lower rear of the car. I have a 14 and that part will look worse and worse over time. But with the cost of wrap might be better to just paint.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts