Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I supercharged my SS last month (Whipple kit, intake, and injectors, no cam or headers), so now I have some stock parts sitting in my apartment in a big cardboard box and don't have any use for them. I'll keep the stock air box, since it isn't too big, and I'll need to swap it out for the new intake before going to an inspection if I want to pass. But the stock intake manifold, fuel rails/injectors, and plastic engine cover are all pretty useless to me. Does anyone want these? Is there any sense in keeping them, or should I throw them away?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Hi all,

I supercharged my SS last month (Whipple kit, intake, and injectors, no cam or headers), so now I have some stock parts sitting in my apartment in a big cardboard box and don't have any use for them. I'll keep the stock air box, since it isn't too big, and I'll need to swap it out for the new intake before going to an inspection if I want to pass. But the stock intake manifold, fuel rails/injectors, and plastic engine cover are all pretty useless to me. Does anyone want these? Is there any sense in keeping them, or should I throw them away?

Thanks
Do as you will,,,, BUT,,,,, the best rule of thumb,,,,,,

Better to have something I don't need,,,,,, Than to need something I don't have!!! Those parts may turn into manna from heaven if you get ganked by the Smog Nazis, as I see you posted in the California region. Also,,,, better to include them in a sale down the road!!! Will add value!!! KEEP EVERYTHING ORIGINAL WITH THE CAR!!!!!

:wink

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
Do as you will,,,, BUT,,,,, the best rule of thumb,,,,,,

Better to have something I don't need,,,,,, Than to need something I don't have!!! Those parts may turn into manna from heaven if you get ganked by the Smog Nazis, as I see you posted in the California region. Also,,,, better to include them in a sale down the road!!! Will add value!!! KEEP EVERYTHING ORIGINAL WITH THE CAR!!!!!

:wink
Totally, 100% correct ...

and if long enough, even OEM rubber items become valuable ...
plastic even more since such tend to break ...
example, my '92 car, will easily value maybe 25% to 30% more with original glass, rims, seats, and even nuts and bolts throughout ...

Any and every mod will reduce its value.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks
Wrong place.

There are for sale rules.

Keep 'em; never throw away good parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts