Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently pruchased a 2017 M6 SS with 17,800 miles. I have not driven it much because of COVID-19. I replaced all the tires and had a wheel alignement. Now I notice the car is pulling to the left. This does not occur when you fist start driving it, but after you come to a moderate to hard stop, when you start driving again it will continue to pull to the left. I brought the car to the local Chevy stealership and the tech, who has 19 years experience never saw this before. He pulled off the wheels and the only thing he could find was the rotors were slightly bluish gray on both sides, about the same amount. He thinks there may be an issue with the rubber brake line hoses having a 'kink' that could be causing this and wants to replace them. He will also take the calipers off and check to make sure they are properly lubricated and moving freely. I am a little skeptical and think that an ECBM valve body valve is sticking. The care is still under the 3yr/36,000 warranty for 7 more months. Has anyone has a similar problem and what did you find? The ECBM is covered under warranty but they won't repalce it unless they do the hoses first and those are out of warranty (only 7000 mile warranty on the hoses) Any thoughts? The car was never in an accident per CarFax and the tech verified that. I looked at the TSB's and did not find anything related to this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
If it's under warranty, why does it matter? You're not paying for the repair. I highly doubt the EBCM/BPMV is/are the problem. Brake hoses aren't a common problem any more but can happen. My bet is the tires or alignment is the problem. Tires can have a radial pull and this can be corrected by swapping them side-to-side if they're not directional, I usually do one axle at a time. What kind of tires are they? If the alignment is off a little bit that can also cause an issue, just being "green" isn't always good enough. Do you have a copy of the alignment specs after the alignment was performed?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its is not the aligment or the tires. I already swapped the fronts side to side and it diod not help. The tires are new Continental Pure Contact DSW all seasons. The wheel alighment was done 2 days ago at the Chevy delaer and that did not help. We are looking at the steering rack to reprogram the torque module and ste steering angle sensor adjustment next, possibly inspecting the calipers for binding and repalcing brake hoses to make sure they are not collapsing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it turns out it was not the brakes. The dealership did a relearn on the steering rack control modules and EBCM module and now it is fine. Apparently this is more common that one would expect. No charge for the relearn.And they did not repalce the brake hoses so it's all good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts