Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SS, 2018 Camaro LS/RS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I used the search function and found nothing, so here goes...

I bought some LED turn signal bulbs from iJDMTOY (iJDMTOY (2) No Resistor, No Hyper Flash 21W High Power Amber 7440 W21W T20 LED Bulbs For Car Front or Rear Turn Signal Lights) and installed them - brighter than the sun in the dark, so obviously I love them. Well, soon after, I had a minor run in with a wall and the shop who put it back together didn't replace the headlight assemblies, just made the originals fit securely again (yep, I let that happen). Shortly after that, I started getting the DIC message "Check left front turn signal bulb" and got the hyper flash. It was intermittent at first, then later more and more often. Now it comes on everytime and there is no activation of the LED.

I tried swapping the bulbs with no luck (left bulb to right socket and vice versa, left bulb works in right socket and right bulb works in right socket). I also tried swapping the sockets (left socket to right headlight assembly and vice versa, both bulbs work in both sockets, nothing works in left headlight assembly).

DOes anyone else think that the left assembly is shot? BTW, the headlight, "eyebrow" light and corner LED all still work on the left side, just not the turn signal.

Help!!?!!?!???

·
Premium Member
15,024 Posts
1- What do you expect from a hack job?

2- Diagnosis tree ... sheesh .. I'm tired of repeating the importance of proper diagnosis.

What happens when you use non-LEDs ???

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1- What do you expect from a hack job?

2- Diagnosis tree ... sheesh .. I'm tired of repeating the importance of proper diagnosis.

What happens when you use non-LEDs ???
At this point, I haven't tried the halogens again because I just moved and all my stuff is packed. I'll try those and see what comes of it. Thanks for adding to my angst when it comes to all the crap I've been through with that incident, no sarcasm.

·
Premium Member
15,024 Posts
At this point, I haven't tried the halogens again because I just moved and all my stuff is packed. I'll try those and see what comes of it. Thanks for adding to my angst when it comes to all the crap I've been through with that incident, no sarcasm.
Halogens ???

The FACTORY bulbs are not Halogens.

Use the FACTORY bulbs to diagnose !!!!

Reactions: wiseman08

·
Registered
430 Posts
Did you replace the rears also? I replaced the rears with LED, but not the fronts, because of hyperflash problems in other cars. Just expected this one to be more sensitive to electronics than my other older cars. I would follow the same path, replace the LEDs with the old bulbs to see if there was any change. Does the turn signal in the side vent work correctly and is it the original bulb?
I keep all the old bulbs in a toolbox in the trunk because of the short working life of LEDs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since the original post, I have tried the original bulbs in the socket that doesn't operate the LED, and the original bulb DOES NOT LIGHT AT ALL. I did replace the rears as well, and neither of those has failed. I even tried putting the bulb from the rear in that socket in the left headlight assembly without that bulb lighting up either. The side vent bulb operates as it should, original bulb and currently installed LED.

CB750 - I have not read all of your posts to determine that I am a horrible beginner at diagnosing problems with my vehicles, so you message about "diagnosis tree" was new to me...

Thanks to all who have contributed to this string; now can someone please (who has more information or experience) tell me if the whole assembly needs to be replaced or if there is a process to potentially repair the assembly?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts