Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just checking things out under the hood and it looks like I have a freon leak from one of the HVAC lines on the driver side. Seems to be leaking from a crimp in the line. Grr. Anyone have an estimate on labor hours to get this line replaced? Just under 39k on the odo.

·
Premium Member
14,300 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? That’s your contribution? Pic 1 shows plenty of detail if someone needed reference of the location. The front of the balancer is visible along with the alternator. For anyone who has looked at our engine bay, it should be plainly obvious. Man you’re a piece of work.

·
Registered
293 Posts
It appears to be the suction and discharge line, which happens to be an assembly, according to the parts fiche. However, I can't seem to find a part number nor price. The EVAP to condenser line is available though.

Nix that. Found a part number for ye:92288310. They're calling it a discharge hose, though it has both on it

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Made an appointment to have it looked at by the dealer so we’ll know for sure in a few weeks. Can’t get it in there before then. Found a few instances online of people with this same problem. Some reference engine movement as a source of the issue. We’ll see.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It appears to be the suction and discharge line, which happens to be an assembly, according to the parts fiche. However, I can't seem to find a part number nor price. The EVAP to condenser line is available though.

Nix that. Found a part number for ye:92288310. They're calling it a discharge hose, though it has both on it
GM pricing for #92288310 is $158.99

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Parts are cheap. Was more wondering about the process involved with replacing it.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Parts are cheap. Was more wondering about the process involved with replacing it.
In typical CB750 fashion "its not FREON, Freon is a brand name for R12 refrigerant like Kleenex is to tissue paper, get your facts straight" :devil

Typically, you'd want to have the system properly evacuated using a refrigerant machine according to section 609 guidelines. Then you could go about replacing the assembly. Filling up the system would be best handled by a professional with a machine to determine the exact weight of refrigerant to replace - unless you have a vacuum pump, dual gauge setup for the high / low side and a bottle of refrigerant with a scale.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol thanks. Learned something new today :) No intent on fixing this myself. But supercharger, no sweat :D

·
Premium Member
14,300 Posts
In typical CB750 fashion "its not FREON, Freon is a brand name for R12 refrigerant like Kleenex is to tissue paper, get your facts straight" :devil

Typically, you'd want to have the system properly evacuated using a refrigerant machine according to section 609 guidelines. Then you could go about replacing the assembly. Filling up the system would be best handled by a professional with a machine to determine the exact weight of refrigerant to replace - unless you have a vacuum pump, dual gauge setup for the high / low side and a bottle of refrigerant with a scale.
... and it's not R-12 ... :eek

·
Premium Member
14,300 Posts
Really? That’s your contribution? Pic 1 shows plenty of detail if someone needed reference of the location. The front of the balancer is visible along with the alternator. For anyone who has looked at our engine bay, it should be plainly obvious. Man you’re a piece of work.
Not everybody here is an expert such as you. That is blatantly obvious.

Take a quaalude and call back tomorrow. :kiss

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Was just checking things out under the hood and it looks like I have a freon leak from one of the HVAC lines on the driver side. Seems to be leaking from a crimp in the line. Grr. Anyone have an estimate on labor hours to get this line replaced? Just under 39k on the odo.
Interesting, looks like die in it. Could just be the oil I guess but it is very green. It's been a while, does this look like factory oil/134 coming out? Has it been charged before?

Just curious.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Lol thanks. Learned something new today :) No intent on fixing this myself. But supercharger, no sweat :D
If you can do a blower, you can do this. If you don't care about the Ozone Layer of course. Vac pumps and gauges are cheap nowadays.

Helll, just Utube it!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Interesting, looks like die in it. Could just be the oil I guess but it is very green. It's been a while, does this look like factory oil/134 coming out? Has it been charged before?

Just curious.
Nope never been changed or serviced before. Tracked the car from Australia to my dealership.

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
2,743 Posts
The normal oil Is green and synthetic. No need to add dyagnostic dye.

This hose failure is not uncommon for the SS or Police vehicles. We get 2.5 hrs labor to replace it.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

This hose failure is not uncommon for the SS or Police vehicles. We get 2.5 hrs labor to replace it.
Perfect. Thank you. You see SS Forum members? That’s how you contribute to an online community.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Also, any idea on the cause of the failures?

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
2,743 Posts
No, just the separation of the hose at the crimp as described in the thread starter. A couple of the cars that we fixed were in a front end collision.

I have purchased one and keep it at home incase I need one and it becomes hard to get.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts