Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a quick poll. I have the 1-7/8" Kooks headers. They are coated. Going into the green cats mid pipe. After the install I did get a MIL for low cat efficiency. UGH. I have pulled the entire exhaust system and then installed it again to verify the condition of the honeycomb and verify no leaks. I was not able to find anything. Still have a MIL. Sometimes on start up I do have a slightly gassy smell from the car but I can't say I notice it at normal operating temps.

Anyone have this same issue? Disappointed I spent extra on the green cats and they still suck. I got them due to being in an emissions area FYI. I might try swapping the O2s and see if the code follows.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the same setup. I got a check engine light after a few hundred miles which I thought was odd. But, my fix was to buy exhaust bungs for the rear O2 sensors. My CEL self cleared not long after. I'd provide a link, but they're no longer available on Amazon apparently. They were only a few bucks a piece, and took care of my issue. I'm almost 10k miles on my setup since installing all of it with the bungs and it's been fine ever since. Granted, depending on your location this may not be an option.

Not sure if this is what you need depending on the exact code you're throwing, but I imagine it is. Did you get a tune? If not, this would also solve your problem as you could "tune out" the rear O2's.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Did you get the o2's reversed when you plugged it all back in??? You know,, the fronts plugged into the connector for the rears and so forth???? You would not be the first one to do that round here!!!

Jus Sayin!!!

:unsure:

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Yup I did the same thing with ARH. Still got the light but only on one bank. Drove down there and they checked it out for leaks and that wasn’t it. It needed to have to extensions for the bungs installed. Then it was fine.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This particular area requires a visual inspection followed up by a check for emissions related DTC and THEN all of the readiness codes must be set. They also sometimes deploy roadside sniffers. I will have to see what I can do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts