Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
The Kong 2650 showed up today!

For those interested in a side by side comparison of a stock vs Kong LSA here are some photos. It’s hard to tell in the photos but there are a bunch of subtle differences.

Another nice feature is no ears at the rear of the fuel rails making plumbing much easier.

The injector protrusions and much smaller too. Kong is on the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Me thinks my Heartbeat is going on eBay tomorrow lol. Seriously though - if I’d known about this thing two weeks sooner, I’d have the Kong!!

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Another piece of the puzzle showed up today. It’s hard to appreciate the size of a 112mm from a photo but it is huge. Hopefully tuning isn’t going to be an issue. Time will tell!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I remember back in the day when bigger throttle bodies were starting to be more popular and finding it awesome that I could stick my hand and arm up inside the intake with the bigger bodies. Pretty sure you're getting closer to being able to fit your head up inside that thing!

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I remember back in the day when bigger throttle bodies were starting to be more popular and finding it awesome that I could stick my hand and arm up inside the intake with the bigger bodies. Pretty sure you're getting closer to being able to fit your head up inside that thing!

Crazy to think how the HP wars have driven the norm up beyond anyone would have imagined. A 600 RWHP car is average today.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Me thinks my Heartbeat is going on eBay tomorrow lol. Seriously though - if I’d known about this thing two weeks sooner, I’d have the Kong!!
So glad I made this happen. Can’t wait to install it

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So glad I made this happen. Can’t wait to install it
Are you switching to a Kong 2650?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
You changing just the blower? Would be super interesting to compare your results to previous blower.. Please post them!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
You changing just the blower? Would be super interesting to compare your results to previous blower.. Please post them!

Wellllllll, I changed the TB, cam, headers, hell entire exhaust, drag pack, intake and the lid. Don’t think I’ll know where my improvements come from lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wellllllll, I changed the TB, cam, headers, hell entire exhaust, drag pack, intake and the lid. Don’t think I’ll know where my improvements come from lol
Haha right nice work, well it sounds like it'll be a whole new beast so be sure to post up your full combo and results, quarter times included!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Haha right nice work, well it sounds like it'll be a whole new beast so be sure to post up your full combo and results, quarter times included!

Oh most definitely!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts