Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This one is a game changer! Big power potential with a factory look and fit under the hood. Kong uses Eaton rotors and Eddlebrock manufacturers the cases. Good stuff! This is on the list for the next build!

They are developing an LS9 lid with a huge dual pass brick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
685 Posts
I definitely want one

Reactions: LSPowered65

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Starting a build on a V2 Coupe and going with a Kong 2650. Was going to have the LSA I pulled off my SS sent out for max effort porting for the build. The potential of the 2650 rotor pack is worth the premium.

·
Registered
350 Posts
It amazes me how much air they move, all the testing I have seen is at slower rotor RPMs while adding 100whp or more. Slower rotors = less heat!

Reactions: PPV

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Starting a build on a V2 Coupe and going with a Kong 2650. Was going to have the LSA I pulled off my SS sent out for max effort porting for the build. The potential of the 2650 rotor pack is worth the premium.

Please post pictures like your two other builds if you don't mind Professor PPV...I'm more of a centerfold Scholar since Prep School across from Metro North Tracks.

Reactions: z51vett and PPV

·
Registered
214 Posts
Are you gonna put the lsa up for sale?

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you gonna put the lsa up for sale?
I sold the blower off my SS to my brother but I’m contemplating selling the one off the V also. The one on the V is new just replaced under the GM extended service warrantee. It has about 20 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,586 Posts
This one is a game changer! Big power potential with a factory look and fit under the hood. Kong uses Eaton rotors and Eddlebrock manufacturers the cases. Good stuff! This is on the list for the next build!

They are developing an LS9 lid with a huge dual pass brick.

Too much mod for me but I do like it.

Reactions: wilkin4

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Of course this would happen AFTER I bought my Heartbeat

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Anybody wanna buy a heartbeat??

·
Registered
2,426 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If nothing else, the LSA prices and demand should slack off some, I would think.
If you are not shooting for north of 700 RWHP the 2650 is overkill. Also remember the Kong 2650 is only the supercharger and snout. No pulley, lid, brick, injectors, fuel rail..... so at $5,900 it’s way more money than say a $1500 stock LSA (blower only). That makes it $4,400 more out of the gate. What you will see is more full max ported LSA blowers being flipped where they want more power and need more blower and switch to the Kong. I’v seen a few ported ones out there but those guys are looking for over $3k for them because they are trying to recoup some of the investment in a $2500 port job on top of the value of the LSA. Stock LSA units will continue to bring good money since most aren’t shooting for 1,000 RWHP.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
If you are not shooting for north of 700 RWHP the 2650 is overkill. Also remember the Kong 2650 is only the supercharger and snout. No pulley, lid, brick, injectors, fuel rail..... so at $5,900 it’s way more money than say a $1500 stock LSA (blower only). That makes it $4,400 more out of the gate. What you will see is more full max ported LSA blowers being flipped where they want more power and need more blower and switch to the Kong. I’v seen a few ported ones out there but those guys are looking for over $3k for them because they are trying to recoup some of the investment in a $2500 port job on top of the value of the LSA. Stock LSA units will continue to bring good money since most aren’t shooting for 1,000 RWHP.

See i was wondering if I would have been able to send my ported LSA to them ala Harrop and their 2300 to 2650 upgrade.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
See i was wondering if I would have been able to send my ported LSA to them ala Harrop and their 2300 to 2650 upgrade.
And the answer was a very blunt “no.”

lol

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LS9 Kong 2650

Reactions: Owen

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Faaaack

Anyone wanna buy a brand new Heartbeat - never installed ?

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Kong 2650 showed up today!

For those interested in a side by side comparison of a stock vs Kong LSA here are some photos. It’s hard to tell in the photos but there are a bunch of subtle differences.

Another nice feature is no ears at the rear of the fuel rails making plumbing much easier.

The injector protrusions and much smaller too. Kong is on the top.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts