Chevy SS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is anyone interested in a Kong 112mm throttle body? It is an early production Kong TB (made by Nick Williams) that is known to not handle high levels of boost and can go into limp mode. My application is north of 20 psi. The TB was used for engine break-in and caused no issues but was never put through its paces at higher boost levels. To rule out a potential issue I purchased another TB at full price. Ugh!!!

In speaking with Kong the TB should not be an issue for lower boost and naturally aspirated applications. New they are $1,049 plus shipping. $550 shipped to the lower 48. PayPal add 3%. My loss your again. Shipped in original box and packing.

Located near Albany, NY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: a6d9cmro

·
Super Moderator
3,680 Posts
You have 30 minutes to bring this listing into compliance with the photos of the item for sale,,, or it goes to the "Twilight Zone"!!

ES

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have 30 minutes to bring this listing into compliance with the photos of the item for sale,,, or it goes to the "Twilight Zone"!!

ES
That was quick. I qualified I was having an issue with photos. How does it look now?

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Is anyone interested in a Kong 112mm throttle body? It is an early product Kong TB (made by Nick Williams) that is known to not handle high levels of boost and can go into limp mode. My application is north of 20 psi. The TB was used for engine break-in and caused no issues but was never put through its paces at higher boost levels. To rule out a potential issue I purchased another TB at full price. Ugh!!!

In speaking with Kong the TB should not be an issue for lower boost and naturally aspirated applications. New they are $1,049 plus shipping. $550 shipped to the lower 48. PayPal add 3%. My loss your again. Shipped in original box and packing.

Located near Albany, NY

Wow! North of 20 lbs? What hp numbers are you putting down?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Is there a boost number kong recommends not to exceed? What is the outside dimension if the TB?
I'm interested want to understand the limitations.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
  • Wow
Reactions: wilkin4

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there a boost number kong recommends not to exceed? What is the outside dimension if the TB?
I'm interested want to understand the limitations.
He didn’t have a boost number but indicated should be ok under 800 hp.

Not sure what dimension you are looking for. A 4.5” coupler will work with the TB which is 4.75” OD. The coupler will stretch.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sold

Reactions: 15SuperSport
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.