Chevy SS Forum banner

Kingman Street Drags 2019

3K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  ESindon 
#1 ·
Had a lot of fun up in Kingman a few weekends ago. Surprised a lot of people by gapping some old hodrods and loud trucks. Pissed a few racers too, they started calling me out in the staging lanes. Had to gap a few camaro owners who had issues with losing to a chevy cruz. :)

I know there's some AZ, Utah, Nevada, California folks out there and are only a few hours from Kingman. Ya'll need to make the trip next year so I'm not the only SS out there, I mean I represented for us pretty well but it would be cool to have some vehicles that are the same to go race with.

#2 ·
Looked like a fun time.....

Was that track a temporary set up ? If so that is a very cool idea.

You kicked some serious butt, always a good feeling to see your competitor in the mirrors, LOL.:cool:

Thanks for sharing the video.

Reactions: bc84
#6 ·
From the times displayed in the video, had to be 1/8 mile.

Gap, in racing terms, usually means one car has a clear lead over the other, by the size of the gap.

Hopefully original poster will chime in....

Reactions: bc84
#15 ·
Yup that's about right for the altitude of kingman. She usually runs 11.80's with lower elevation of Wildhorse pass.

#11 · (Edited)
OT:
Always stop at Kingman In-N-Out Burger when heading West from ABQ...gotta settle for Classic Chicken Sandwich from GA Popeye's in meantime until after Thanksgiving...will garage the Alchemy and bring back AWD CRV from NM. Get my Double Doubles I-35 Lancaster, TX before bunking for the night in Cedar Hill. Have waypoints built into my Brain's Inertial Navigation...lol

Reactions: bc84 and ESindon
#12 ·
Funny Cuz I always stop in Kingman, on the way to ABQ!!! Always try to make it from Barstow to Kingman before I stop for fuel again!!! Its usually a dollar a gallon less, than on the west side of the Colorado River!!! In N Out is usually second, after gassing up!!! I NEVER eat at the SONIC!!!! (UGH!!) ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.