Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
781 Posts
Garage as well, have owned my 04 GTO since new (black), always garaged, and people are very surprised when they learn it's an 04 with 110k miles on it, still looks good. I've done nothing special other than give it a wax every now and then. I see nice cars parked outside in my neighborhood and it kills me! A lot of 3 car garages too (wish I had one) and they still can't get their car in there. Priorities.

· Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Adams Polishes all the way!

· Registered
130 Posts
In the garage every nite. Daytime too when I'm not at work. Semi-retired. Work only 10 to 15 hrs a week. Hand washed every week or when dirty. Full detail twice a year.

· Premium Member
7,509 Posts
So have you ever used Rejex or Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Nope. I prefer to correct the paint rather than fill the defects. Heard good things about Rejex. Lots of airplane and boat owners use it.
Adam's is also the official polish for Camaros and Corvettes (according to GM) so they should be fine for the SS!

· Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Nope. I prefer to correct the paint rather than fill the defects. Heard good things about Rejex. Lots of airplane and boat owners use it.
Adam's is also the official polish for Camaros and Corvettes (according to GM) so they should be fine for the SS!
The issue is in Vegas we have water restrictions. That's one reason I like to use the no rinse. Also with the heat it allows me to do my whole wash/wax in the garage. :)

· Premium Member
7,509 Posts
The issue is in Vegas we have water restrictions. That's one reason I like to use the no rinse. Also with the heat it allows me to do my whole wash/wax in the garage. :)

Wish I could wash mine in the garage. Cold weather is the issue over here. Next time I build, I'm going with an extra bay with a drain and hot water tap.

· Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Wish I could wash mine in the garage. Cold weather is the issue over here. Next time I build, I'm going with an extra bay with a drain and hot water tap.
That would be nice, i have to use the soft water from my house to wash or all you see is spots in the summer. So can you inform me some about the NoRinse? I thought it just use polymers to lubricate and didn't fill anything.

· Premium Member
7,509 Posts
That would be nice, i have to use the soft water from my house to wash or all you see is spots in the summer. So can you inform me some about the NoRinse? I thought it just use polymers to lubricate and didn't fill anything.

No Rinse is a wash aid. No fillers like rejex. From their website, you can also use it as a clay lube.

· Premium Member
2,493 Posts

· Premium Member
7,509 Posts
That's what I figured. So you rather use Adams for wax over Rejex. I get it.

Not just a matter of wax. I prefer to do a full paint correction (clay, polish, seal, then wax) to get as flawless a finish as possible. Wax just protects what's under it. I'm not a fan of shiny swirls. Rejex over good paint would give good protection and fill anything that got missed.
Unfortunately I am a bit picky. Being an Adamsaholic doesn't help :D
If I do get the SS, unfortunately it will be an outside car. The G8 gets the garage. At least until I get a bigger garage :thumbsUp:

· Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Not just a matter of wax. I prefer to do a full paint correction (clay, polish, seal, then wax) to get as flawless a finish as possible. Wax just protects what's under it. I'm not a fan of shiny swirls. Rejex over good paint would give good protection and fill anything that got missed.
Unfortunately I am a bit picky. Being an Adamsaholic doesn't help :D
If I do get the SS, unfortunately it will be an outside car. The G8 gets the garage. At least until I get a bigger garage :thumbsUp:
Oh I get it, that's what I did with my G8, when I got that car it has swirls I had to get rid of...maybe Adams will sponsor this forum like they do the G8 side so we can get some type of discount.

· Premium Member
7,509 Posts
I will mention it!

· Registered
613 Posts
My neighbor across the street is just finishing getting set up to be the Houston area Adam's distributor:biggrin:
I also like how easy to use the Adams stuff is and how it has GM's seal of approval.

Reactions: z51vett
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.