Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SS M6
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, this won't be so much of a build thread, as most of the heavy lifting is done at this point. But I figured I'd create a thread with BS for my car.

It's a 2017 Nightfall Gray Metallic M6, spare, sunroof (46/142), only mod was a skip shift eliminator. I bought it in Feb of 2020 with 10k miles on it, and sold it in June of 2020 with 16k miles on it; more on that later.

Reactions: Taze and R1perry

·
Registered
2017 SS M6
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First things were 35% tint all the way around, and 70% on the windshield for heat/UV block. Also vinyl wrapped the bow ties, and added some G8 cross bars.

Whipped up one of those data plaques from Signs.com, and guess which dummy had a type on the production sequence (put 48 instead of 46), oh well lol.

Weathertech floor mats with some SS emblems front to back.

And picked up some two piece 56" Race Ramps for oil changes and what not.

Reactions: Taze

·
Registered
2017 SS M6
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Added Homelink from Ryan

Knock off lift pads

Elite Engineering catch can with clean side seperator
[/url]

Picked up some black V2 sedan wheels. I didn't want black, I was really after the polished ones.

Found someone willing to swap their polished wheels for my black wheels, and threw on some new Continental DWS06 tires.

Swapped to a Buick key fob with a soft dome Holden emblem.

Scored a VCM OTR intake and swapped it in.

·
Registered
2017 SS M6
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I opted for the rook rack instead of trimming the rear for the trailer hitch.

Sunroof actually comes in handy for keeping an eye on the bike.

Decided to join the Holden logo team.

Reactions: TheMealOnWheels

·
Registered
2017 SS M6
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Now comes along June 2020. I grew up in a Jeep, and have been in one since I was 4 years old. I still had a 4Runner and a Tacoma, and the SS was the most valuable, so I decided it would be the easiest to sell and build up another rock crawler. So I listed the SS, and was in contact with the new buyer in two days. He was deployed in Iraq, so we communicated over Facebook. He sent me a check for the car amount, and after funds cleared, his parents flew in from Minnesota to drive the SS "Kat" back to MN from TX. Bittersweet. I stripped off everything I'd put onto it with the exception of the window tint prior to selling it.

Saying goodbye from the passenger seat of my friend's truck as Joe's parents prep for their 1,000 miles drive back to MN.

While Joe was deployed, some local SS owners met up with his friend and took Kat to the Commemorative Air Force wing at Flemming Field in St. Paul and staged some pictures with two other SS and a P51 Mustang. Photo credit to TJ Beadle for these stunning photos.

·
Registered
2017 SS M6
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
While Joe was out of the country he had some serious work done to Kat, making sure everything was ready when he returned home. Twin Cities Performance in St. Paul did all of the work, and was gracious enough to provide me with all of the documents and internal photos they took (I won't bore you with all of the photos). Glisten Detailing in Minneapolis also did a full paint protective film, touched up some curb rash on the front bumper, and some other bits.

-Engine/Blower: SBE LS3, stock heads (never been off) BTR stage 3 PDS cam, BTR pushrods TSP Dual springs/TI retainers Kong ported LSA supercharger with ZL1 lid (Stock LSA lower, 2.25" upper) Katech 103mm TB w/4.5" JLT intake MMS Wild 1000hp catch can setup, McLeod RXT Twin Disc Clutch
-Cooling: CWA-100 IC pump C&R racing Heat exchanger 3/4" hose for intercooler system Stock cooling system
-Exhaust: American Racing 2.00" headers and mids to stock rear NPP mufflers
-Fuel system: Stock fuel pump/feed line TCP Custom supplement fuel system with DW250 pump TCP Custom Flex fuel kit FIC1000cc injectors
-Suspension/Wheels/Tires: King SSL front/SSLHD rear, BC Forged RZ39 20x9 +35, 20x10.5 +48, Toyo R888R 255/35r20, 315/30r20

Reactions: Taze

·
Registered
2017 SS M6
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You may have seen a video shot by MAPerformance that spotlighted Kat while Joe was still the owner.

Next three pictures shot by White Peaks Media

·
Registered
2017 SS M6
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Which brings us to March of 2022. I told Joe when I sold the car, that I had first dibs if he ever sold it, not knowing what plans he had in mind for it.

Joe had some career changes, bought a house, and life happened, so he decided to offer the SS up for sale. Since selling the SS, my Tacoma got totaled from someone pulling out in front of me. I bought and sold 6 other cars in this time frame, and the one I wanted back the most was Kat.

This is the Jeep Gladiator which ultimately replaced Kat. It was a cool truck, and did moderate trails fairly well on a small lift and 37" tires, but I found it redundant with also having a 4Runner.

I jumped at the chance to buy Kat back, and my wife was fully supportive. Myself, and two close friends all bought plane tickets from TX to MN and flew up there to bring her home.

Most of the bodies of water were still frozen in March.

Joe picked us up at the airport in the SS, this was the first time we had actually met in person. Bought her back with 25,000 on the odometer, and crossed 26k shortly after making it back home.

Time for the 1,000 mile drive from St. Paul, MN to DFW, TX!

JCS Pods on the A-pillar

After making it back home, I emptied the catch can, and did an oil change with 5W40 Molygen and a bottle of MoS2 additive as recommended by TCP.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Clean! This is exactly what I want for my 2017 NGM, though I went with a different wheel. Beautiful SS!

Reactions: Vicarious_Lee

·
Registered
2017 SS M6
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Clean! This is exactly what I want for my 2017 NGM, though I went with a different wheel. Beautiful SS!
Looks like your car was made just a couple after mine (42/49). Thank you, Joe had all of the work done, but we kept in touch the whole time and I may have had a bit of influence on some parts.
Couple pics with it all cleaned up.

Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
What was your solution for the chrome door handles? Painted?

Here is mine, I need some outdoor shots but I just installed the wheels this winter and don't daily it.
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2017 SS M6
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks good, so glad I don’t have to worry about winter storage.
Yes, bought new handles and they were painted to match. You can also get some vinyl overlays if you didn’t quite want to tackle that.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Great story and great car! I've seen the you tube video on Kat after he had the work done. Sounded awesome! I keep waiting for the guy who bought me GXP to someday call me Lol.

·
Registered
2017 SS M6
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Installed front/rear BlackVue 750 dash cam. Excuse the poor lighting, dark garage, sunny outside.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Car Vehicle Automotive design Fixture Personal luxury car

Automotive mirror Plant Mode of transport Rear-view mirror Automotive exterior

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Automotive lighting

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts