Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Nice congrats on the Whipple! That's my long term plan for mine.

Didn't realize the SS had a built in performance test, is that available in all years?

EDIT: Looks like it's not stock but a dash reprogram, cool.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice congrats on the Whipple! That's my long term plan for mine.

Didn't realize the SS had a built in performance test, is that available in all years?

EDIT: Looks like it's not stock but a dash reprogram, cool.
I sent it to WAMS (white auto and media) and they reprogram it to the Holden specs, which came with performance tests, lap times…. All the goodies

· Registered
37 Posts
I sent it to WAMS (white auto and media) and they reprogram it to the Holden specs, which came with performance tests, lap times…. All the goodies
Thanks for the info - after I typed that I did some searching and did find a thread pointing to the thread from WAMS about it. I daily mine in the summer but it stays parked all winter, so that sounds like a fun upgrade to roll in at some point!

Reactions: Patrick V

· Registered
13 Posts
I didn't realize it was a stick shift the first time I looked at it. How has that been with the whipple? I am searching for a 6MT to buy and have been planning the mods already, trying to decide which route to go as far as FI.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info - after I typed that I did some searching and did find a thread pointing to the thread from WAMS about it. I daily mine in the summer but it stays parked all winter, so that sounds like a fun upgrade to roll in at some point!
[/
I didn't realize it was a stick shift the first time I looked at it. How has that been with the whipple? I am searching for a 6MT to buy and have been planning the mods already, trying to decide which route to go as far as FI.
The stick shift has been great with it. As you see I was able to get a 0-60 time of 4 seconds flat. Not too shabby for a somewhat heavy rear wheel drive sedan.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The stick shift has been great with it. As you see I was able to get a 0-60 time of 4 seconds flat. Not too shabby for a somewhat heavy rear wheel drive sedan.
Looks good. Any dyno numbers? What else is done besides the whipple?
Got it on the dyno today. 603 to the wheels.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts