Chevy SS Forum banner

481 - 494 of 494 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,815 Posts
Never knew it was a pound sign until I went to China. It has always been hash here in Australia to my knowledge. of course we used to have pound as a currency which is £ so that is maybe why we called it hash. It would be interesting to hear what Europe and the UK call the # sign.
I was in the communications industry in the early eighties shortly after the AT&T divestiture, and at that time it was piggybacking lines from Ma Bell under the "essential services" (sound familiar?) part of what I believe was the Sherman Act. The US Courts called it "equal access", but it required companies like the one I was with to dial # this or * that, anything but equal. It was always explained to our customers that dialing the "pound sign" first was a way to stick it to the man who's been digging in your pockets and your family's pockets for over a hundred years whether you liked it or not. It worked for a while, I was successful, my father made millions, and it was all good until slowly the smaller firms were gobbled up or forced out. Forty years later and the Bell companies are now once again the big dogs in town. Two of the biggest cellular service networks are AT&T and Verizon, former Bell companies. Century Link? Northwestern Bell back in the day.
FYI, did you know that you can dial *67 on your cellphone before the phone number and it will come up "unknown" on almost all caller ID and cellphone carriers? Who wants a prank call, I'll show you.?. :)

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
More Brainiacs!!!

Check out these,,, Ahem,,, Einsteins Of Applied Liquid Surface Coatings!!!

I'm sure they were pissed about a wrong color choice,, or something like that!!! RIGHT!!!

Just a matter of time till they get their own Reality TV Show!!! Painted and Afraid!!!!

🤣

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
More Brainiacs!!!

Check out these,,, Ahem,,, Einsteins Of Applied Liquid Surface Coatings!!!

I'm sure they were pissed about a wrong color choice,, or something like that!!! RIGHT!!!

Just a matter of time till they get their own Reality TV Show!!! Painted and Afraid!!!!

🤣
That is the weirdest thing I have seen in a while.....

I hate going to HomeDepot here in Miami, to crowed and never enough staff.....

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Stupid Is,, As Stupid Does!!!

This is more proof that civilization may well be,,, DOOMED!!

Un fortunately,,, you will have to copy the YouTube link and launch this one in its own browser window!!! He disabled 3rd party website launches!!! I guess he doesn't need the clicks!! As mentioned,,, Stupid Is As Stupid Does!!! And this also represents the waste of perfectly good Ramen Noodles!!!

o_O

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Stupid Is,, As Stupid Does!!!

This is more proof that civilization may well be,,, DOOMED!!

Un fortunately,,, you will have to copy the YouTube link and launch this one in its own browser window!!! He disabled 3rd party website launches!!! I guess he doesn't need the clicks!! As mentioned,,, Stupid Is As Stupid Does!!! And this also represents the waste of perfectly good Ramen Noodles!!!

o_O
Looks like he just filled it with gorilla glue. That's probably better than filler! :p

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Here's a joke for you. But real! Pismo Beach, Ca. Cars being forced to "social distance". Confirmed by me from a Park Ranger. Another drop in the pool of proof that California is A JOKE. I LMFAO when I saw this! View attachment 281743
I could be mistaken, but isn't your Governor the one who said 25 million people in California alone were gonna get Coronavirus and suffer 600,000 deaths? Hmmm...but hey, the cars will be safe.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I could be mistaken, but isn't your Governor the one who said 25 million people in California alone were gonna get Coronavirus and suffer 600,000 deaths? Hmmm...but hey, the cars will be safe.
You don't want that virus going down into the motor, and getting your car sick..... :p

481 - 494 of 494 Posts