Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
I agree with that statement. I consider the SS a 4-door sports car. The Hellcat can't even keep up on a road course. The Charger can only go fast in a straight line, which is what I think of when I hear someone say muscle car. Not a slight to the Charger, since many people just want to take their car to the dragstrip.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, but most Chargers you see on the road aren't that fast, and the SS is built in Australia (if we're being facty and definitiony). So there's really no comparison between the two and I'm way off base with my initial post.

Note: If you are a current or former Dodge owner, no offense is intended as you have clearly seen the light and are interested in a sedan that does much more than go fast and show up on every street corner. But it still makes me throw up a little in my mouth when I get the Dodge marketing pop-ups...:)

Note to the Note: Seriously, I'm not bashing Dodge, I don't think I've ever sat in one, let alone driven one. From what I've seen, the tech/performance apps and infotainment systems are much better, and a lot of people buy them, so there's that. Now, Ford on the other hand...

·
Registered
361 Posts
The last Dodge I owned was a 72 Challenger. I might could go over to the dark side if the Challenger came in a ragtop and stick. At least there would be room for 4 adults, which you can't do in the Camaro.

·
Super Moderator
13,242 Posts
Had a bit of fun yesterday with a current gen Challenger on my favorite "closed circuit track" here in West Texas. Didn't get to see what he had under the bonnet, but he couldn't keep up. Became a tiny little speck in the rear view. :devil

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Ford Taurus SHO?

The new 400hp Lincoln MKZ?

Tesla Model S?

Cadillac CTSv?

Cadillac ATSv?

How much horsepower do you need to be a "4 door muscle car?"

Or are they basically just saying they make the only fast sedan in the US that can't handle well?

Nothing like the marketing nerds making up their own category just to claim to be the "only one" in it!

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
Neither is the Charger by that logic, unless we're talking "North American".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement shows a lot of wiggle room, did not specify, so .. .. .. yes!

But I believe our SS wears a North American engine and transmission, 1/2 breed?

Where is the chassis build? Really asking.

·
Super Moderator
5,505 Posts
Engine iand trans made in Mexico. Chassis is made in AU it's a unibody welded up of lots of small parts. From window sticker 3% made in US/Canadian, 80% Australia content.
z51vett
Doug

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
Engine iand trans made in Mexico. Chassis is made in AU it's a unibody welded up of lots of small parts. From window sticker 3% made in US/Canadian, 80% Australia content.
z51vett
Doug
I been wondering what the composition of the chassis is, metallurgical wise - alloy? what?
It being so sensitive on lift points and all that.
???

I could be wrong, but i remember data showing engine is made in Mexico (North America), and 2014 transmission made in USA.

==============================================
==============================================

It's actually easier than that. The Charger is such a behemoth it falls into the large-car segment. The SS is mid-sized.
Add does not specify size, only SEDAN .. ???

·
Super Moderator
5,505 Posts
Zal this is off window sticker for my 16 Mexico is not North America to me US and Canada is.
z51vett
Doug

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
Zal this is off window sticker for my 16 Mexico is not North America to me US and Canada is.
z51vett
Doug
Your '16 is M6 ?
That may be different than the '14 A6.

The American continent extends from Argentina to Alaska, divided in North, Central, and South.
North American includes Canada, USA, Mexico, Bermuda, Greenland, and St Pierre.

Not sure where Cuba falls, as well as the Virgin Islands, Antilles, etc.

I have got to brush up on my geography,
Did a search for "list of states and territories in North America"
and got a ton of places I did not know existed.

·
Super Moderator
5,505 Posts
My 16 is auto they moved a lot of equipment to Mexico to build discontinued parts LS motors for parts suppliers and for SS production six speed trans rear wheel drive. Eight speeds are out now along with 10 speeds coming on line, they need the room to manufacture theses new systems. The new LT engine line as well they make vett engines Camaro and truck engines in same plant Z06 engines were moved from there to Bowling Green Corvette plant special build center all engines hand assy.
z51vett
Doug

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
.....The American continent extends from Argentina to Alaska, divided in North, Central, and South.
North American includes Canada, USA, Mexico, Bermuda, Greenland, and St Pierre.

Not sure where Cuba falls, as well as the Virgin Islands, Antilles, etc....
The Americas consists of two continents. North America (which goes all the way up to Canada) and South America (which goes all the way down to Chile). Central America is part of North America. Latin America is everything south of the US. For business purposes (trade barriers, taxes, tariffs, etc.) NAFTA defines the US, Canada, and Mexico as "North America".

The Caribbean islands are on the continental shelf, but there's no real division in that north/south, so who knows? Maybe Argentina will claim them, they seem to like claiming "stray" islands.

1 - 20 of 266 Posts