Chevy SS Forum banner

Joined the club...finally

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  SJR92647 
#1 ·
Hello, SS owners. I lurked for a long time before I registered and since I am close to actually taking the plunge I wanted to introduce myself and start participating in the forum. I live in Charlestown, IN and I work across the Ohio in Louisville, KY.

I see there are a handful of SS owners in the Bluegrass but I have yet to see any of you in the wild. I have seen a Caprice PPV at Cars and Coffee at Captain's Quarters but I am still waiting on my chance to drive an SS. I'm having one transferred to CarMax soon so I am about a week or two away from finding out what these cars are really about.

#2 ·
#4 ·
Well, it took a few years longer than I thought but I finally bought an SS. I am the proud owner of a 2014 PBM SS. I drove it back home from Greensburg, PA this past weekend. It did great on the drive back even though a lot of the 400+ miles were spent in bumper-to-bumper traffic. I hit construction traffic in PA, WV, OH, and KY and also unfortunately got stuck on I-71S due to a fatal accident.

That being said I had no issues with the car. It now has 23,200 miles on it. It has a sunroof and a spare and has actually received more attention on the road and in parking lots than I expected. I plan on heading up to the Cars and Coffee at Captain's Quarters in Louisville, KY this weekend. I know there are a couple KY/IN SS owners that go up there occasionally and at least one Caprice PPV owner so maybe I will see some board members around sometime.

#8 ·
Welcome!

#9 ·
Welcome, enjoy. Black is a sexy and hot in the summer color. I think that's why it looses some favor. If the side panels aren't chipped up already, I recommend rock guards. Holden made an OEM version. And ZL1 Addons makes a more discreet version.

Reactions: clcunn01
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.