Chevy SS Forum banner

Should they build it?

• Yes

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 18.8%

Jaw Dropping Chevy SS Coupe Rendering: Should They Build It?

5K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  sidebite252 
#1 ·
See less See more
#5 ·
Alas GM doesn't have the Baubles to let Holden put it into production. If it sold even half as well as the GTO did it would boost plant volume nicely. For the 3 or so years left on VF. They could get it to market in < 18 months too I reckon as Monaro took about that long from concept to production.

#6 ·
I'm the odd man out here but I'm going to admit that I voted no. It looks too much like a Pontiac GTO and I doubt Chevy would build one, as it would compete with their Camaro. As a matter of fact, it basically would be a Camaro with a different body. A nice concept but unrealistic IMHO.

#10 ·
I liked the coupe 60, and would purchase a coupe ss over the sedan ss as well, only when the aftermarket offers a more appealing fascia.
It looks too ricer and very much like the Hyundai Genesis grill.

I preferred the coupe60 styling over this as well. And why they use silver for both IDK. Use a color designers!!!

It looks like that ChevySS mouth should have the Fonz saying Ehhhhhh!!!!!.

#16 ·
Even better, an SS coupe would fall into competition with the Corvette. You can get yourself into a base corvette for $49,600 and it will come with the same 6.2L and a similar 430hp. Now its unlikely the SS coupe will steal sales from the Corvette, but the Corvette will definitely steal sales from an SS coupe.

If you could get into an SS coupe or a Corvette with identical engines for an identical $50k which one are you going for? Im going Corvette everyday.

I believe that is enough incentive for Chevy NOT to build an SS coupe. IF we can come up with this logic on a lowly forum i expect the highest echelons of GM to be able to stumble into a similar conclusion. But hey we can always pray for incompetence and bad math...

#20 ·
Check out these beauties i stumbled upon over at GM Authority..

They're SS coupe renderings but based on the last Monaro

And of course an SS Nomad version as well

You know what, if Chevy plays their cards right and pulls heavily from the ATS' development they could entice 4 series shoppers to hop into an SS...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.